top yard lifts

just a question and hope to get some feedback. when building 2 or 3 masted ships i always run into the problem( when following plans and the measurements they give) of the top yard lifts fouling the top shrouds. I have seen some modelers run them through the shrouds,( as i noticed in latest "which victory kit is better-caldercraft or panart ) bent around the shrouds or tying another block to the shrouds. the only solution i can come up with is move the deadeyes farther aft on the top against the plan measurements or extending the cap to mount the blocks as far fore as possible, or delete the foremost deadeye. please let me know if you have experienced this problem and how you solved it. thanks in advance for you help.

just a question and hope to get some feedback. when building 2 or 3 masted ships i always run into the problem( when following plans and the measurements they give) of the top yard lifts fouling the top shrouds. I have seen some modelers run them through the shrouds,( as i noticed in latest "which victory kit is better-caldercraft or panart ) bent around the shrouds or tying another block to the shrouds. the only solution i can come up with is move the deadeyes farther aft on the top against the plan measurements or extending the cap to mount the blocks as far fore as possible, or delete the foremost deadeye. please let me know if you have experienced this problem and how you solved it. thanks in advance for you help.
Hiu, could you post something, I can't understand (translator) YOUR problem.Frank

Y.T. thanks for looking at my post. As this problem mainly affects only the lower course sails i thought that maybe the lifts were slackened off whenever the yard was swung around so as not to foul on the top shrouds and the yard held up by the jeers ect. but then what keeps the yard horizontal to the deck as the main course sheets are hauled in? 8bfdb4e2ac353744a33d67ac49a85d1d90777a9c.jpeg

Back