Trumpeter 1/200 Titanic

Today is the day I finally have some time to to start this project it will be an on and off build so I have something to do in between my main group builds I haven't really pictured all the parts (I will be here all day if I did) all I have done is what all the big bits and the after market decking also I am waiting for some stern plating from minibrass IMG_20240523_135056.jpg

What I found when I opened the box
And the rest of the pictures IMG_20240523_135341.jpgIMG_20240523_135527.jpgIMG_20240523_135047.jpg

Today is the day I finally have some time to to start this project it will be an on and off build so I have something to do in between my main group builds I haven't really pictured all the parts (I will be here all day if I did) all I have done is what all the big bits and the after market decking also I am waiting for some stern plating from minibrass View attachment 449006

What I found when I opened the box
And the rest of the pictures View attachment 449008View attachment 449009View attachment 449010
Good luck with the build Peter. She's a beast! :)

This is a beast of a model to build.
Get yourself a matt clear varnish to spray the wooden decks otherwise you could damage the decks if they get wet.

20240524_142152.jpg

Made a little start on the well decks having wooden decking makes painting easy as there is no masking needed View attachment 449194
Is that the ScaleDecks set you're using? I know Bryian already mentioned it above, but if you haven't already check out the Midwest Model Shop YouTube site and their detailed build of this kit. It has really helped me with some aspects of this kit.

Is that the ScaleDecks set you're using? I know Bryian already mentioned it above, but if you haven't already check out the Midwest Model Shop YouTube site and their detailed build of this kit. It has really helped me with some aspects of this kit.
I haven't checked the YouTube one the decking set is by shipyard as for some reason scaledecks won't ship to the UK as I have been trying to get a set of the lusitania decking luckily I have a friend in the US who will have them delivered to his address and then send them on to me

Yesterday I was checking to see what Scale Decks had on ebay and it looks like they may have gone out of business.
Can anyone confirm this.

Yesterday I was checking to see what Scale Decks had on ebay and it looks like they may have gone out of business.
Can anyone confirm this.
I was chasing a set from my Hood model, and it seems that very little is now available, so maybe they have shut up shop. Unconfirmed though.

Hello Peter! I have the same kit that was given to me for my 60th birthday. Now I have it well stored waiting for my pre-retirement. I'm looking at other works from this kit and now I will also follow yours. I have many doubts, it has been many years since I assembled a plastic kit, photo-etched parts did not yet exist. A couple of questions. How do you attach wood decking to plastic? What paint do you use and do you print first?

Greetings ;)

Hello Peter! I have the same kit that was given to me for my 60th birthday. Now I have it well stored waiting for my pre-retirement. I'm looking at other works from this kit and now I will also follow yours. I have many doubts, it has been many years since I assembled a plastic kit, photo-etched parts did not yet exist. A couple of questions. How do you attach wood decking to plastic? What paint do you use and do you print first?

Greetings ;)
The decking is self sticking
The paints I have used so far are a mix of mig ammo and tamiya IMG_20240527_123039.jpg
And I always paint first

Looks lovely, she's a lot of ship!

Can you say what color or mix you used for the "dark mast" color I believe for the well decks? it looks fantastic! I'm about to take mine off the retirement list, and restart it!

Back