understanding ship draughts

I have a copy of 'LOFTING' by Allan H. Vaitses. This would seem to be a concise bible on the subject; it may be worth hunting a copy down.

Dave, thanks for the downloads.
If I recall correctly, the series was never completed. I could be wrong.
No doubt you'll find out for us.

You are correct, Dave. The final installment of Understanding Ships' Draughts is indeed in issue 58.

Great download, Dave.
I have these issues but you've done me a big favour....I don't have to scan them myself!

I'm 10 or so off the complete set, so if anyone wants to trade/swap (UK ONLY) by all means get in touch, please.

Thanks for your kindness, Dave.

I'll coble a list (over the weekend) of what I need and also a bunch of duplicates I have, and put them here. Anyone interested can pm me when and if.

I specified UK only, as shipping from over the water is so prohibitively expensive.

This is a fantastic resource. Many thanks for posting Dave. I have just started part one and got confused with references to Fig 10 and 11. I suspect a page is missing. I would be most gratful if you could post the missing page. once i start learning new information i don't want to miss any. sorry for being a pain.

This is a fantastic resource. Many thanks for posting Dave. I have just started part one and got confused with references to Fig 10 and 11. I suspect a page is missing. I would be most gratful if you could post the missing page. once i start learning new information i don't want to miss any. sorry for being a pain.

your are right page 7 did not get inserted so i fixed that and page 7 is now there

You may find these interesting.
OCR scanning is not perfect but not bad.
Not sure where I got them but appropriate accreditation to David White.
Understanding ships draughts pdf
Wooden ship building pdf

Attachments

• understanding ships draughts.pdf
    9 MB · Views: 73
  • Wooden ship building_b.pdf
    12.4 MB · Views: 55
more great resources for us newbies. it's great to see what a piece of wood from steel's tables actually looks like and what function it has:):):)

Back