New kit UNICORN MODELS: HMS WOLF 1758: 1:48 SLOOP OF WAR

good luck with your new project my friend Heinrich, I will keep following with great curiosity :) Thumbsup
This is not my new project, my friend. I have just posted my new project in my build log. Thank you for the kind words.

Hi Bob. Please scroll up to my earlier posting. starting with:

Hi Uwe. I have managed to unearth some information about the ship. One has to be careful not to confuse this model with the 1742 HMS Wolfe - even though they both belong to the Snow-Class of sloops.

The 1759 does not refer to the launch date - that was in 1754; but to her configuration in 1759 during the bombardment of Le Havre.

View attachment 426990
Thank you, for some reason my old windows 7 is keeping that page hidden! All the ships in the dialogue seem to be strikingly similar, presumably from the same architect? I haven't checked that with NMM.
But there is that planking pattern!!!

This ship is a Criuizer class ship ,many exists in the NMM with many different name ,same like the Russian Izmael (designed by English )

This ship is a Criuizer class ship ,many exists in the NMM with many different name ,same like the Russian Izmael (designed by English )
Correct -
Screenshot 2024-02-11 142927.png

Screenshot 2024-02-11 143002.png

There are several drawings existing from the class

cruizer.jpg

Cruizer2.jpg

Cruizer (1752) [alternative spelling: Cruiser]​

Scale: 1:48. Plan showing a partially completed inboard profile illustration the mast dispositions for Cruizer (1752), an 8-gun, snow-rigged Sloop. A mizzen mast was added at Sheerness Dockyard per Navy Board Warrant dated 29 November 1753, which meant that the Cruizer was now a ship-rigged sloop.

Excellent information, Uwe. You almost made me reconsider what to build next! :) Seriously though, thank you for this. For those who may consider building her this will be valuable information which all adds up to her history. A 27-year naval career before being sold, is not to be scoffed at!

Correct -
View attachment 427187

View attachment 427188

There are several drawings existing from the class

View attachment 427186

View attachment 427189

Cruizer (1752) [alternative spelling: Cruiser]​

Scale: 1:48. Plan showing a partially completed inboard profile illustration the mast dispositions for Cruizer (1752), an 8-gun, snow-rigged Sloop. A mizzen mast was added at Sheerness Dockyard per Navy Board Warrant dated 29 November 1753, which meant that the Cruizer was now a ship-rigged sloop.

Yours for 262 quid!ROTF

Back