Unknown Model

Hi! I did acquire a damaged model of a 5 mast barque... There is a name on it: St-Yves. More I investigated, I could not find anything related to such a name as a 5 mast.
The model is 3 feet long. It looks like the haul of the Great Republic 1853 which was a 4 mast. Too many masts on that model? I think I will unbuild and save the haul, which looks great.

PXL_20231110_162904798.jpg

There were only a dozen 5-masted fully rigged ships existing

Screenshot 2023-11-11 165219.png

all 5-masted, also schooners

Screenshot 2023-11-11 165537.png

From France there was only the "France", the rest were germans

here the Preussen
1920px-Preussen_-_SLV_Allan_C._Green_H91.250-378.jpg

- so I guess the name of your model will not help, seems to be an imaginary 5-masted vessel - maybe you name it France

Thanks for your answers... I had searched for a few days. Wonder why someone send so much time building a fantasy boat :)

Thanks for your answers... I had searched for a few days. Wonder why someone send so much time building a fantasy boat :)
The Black Pearl? Apparently the best selling ship kit! Personally I really do not like it, but then anybody who builds the movie version of Surprise is in principle doing the same. And there are plenty who have designed and built a 'Sophie'! (but at least they are not polluted by Disney!!)

Back