USN PICOTET CIVIL WAR STEAM (Group Build?)

Later, IF anyone else has the USN PICOTET, ID LIKE TO START a group builds, how does this type of build come together?

There is a minimum of about 5 to 6 people that need to have interest and to actually purchase the kit. It also depends on how many people show interest here in this thread. If many people (up to about 8 to 10 serious posters ) seem to show interest, then it can justify starting a group build. But some people say they are going to join, but not.

Chris: I think he does mean the steam powered picket boat that sunk the CSS Albemarle in 1864.

I've got the kit and would like to build it some day, but I've got so many things going on, I don't know if I can commit right now! I'm already suffering from a very bad case of SABLE (stash accumulated beyond life expectancy!)

Last edited:
Do you mean a USN steam picket boat?
Yes! It is amazing a boat like that with a torpedo on the end of a looooong pole could sink an iron-clad, but the USN PICKET WENT DOWN with the southern iron-clad, only the CAPTION AND A SHIPMATE MADE IT OUT AND SWAM TO SHORE, ONLY TO BE CAPTURED BY THE CONFERITS. There was a southern [SUB] CALLED THE "CSTA HUNLY," which sunk a " Yanky ship THE HUNLY WAS JUST Discovered right around the turn of this century, ALL HANDS STILL INSIDE. They had to cut the Hunly in parts to remove the bones, SO a propper military BAREIAL WAS DONE, BOTH, UNION, AND A SOTHERN.

DOCK! let me know when you have the time in between builds, I have a kit also, had it out of the box for inventory, it's really cool and it is blank on the hull, nice prints to go by 6 pgs.

Last edited:
There is a minimum of about 5 to 6 people that need to have interest and to actually purchase the kit. It also depends on how many people show interest here in this thread. If many people (up to about 8 to 10 serious posters ) seem to show interest, then it can justify starting a group build. But some people say they are going to join, but not.
Don: why would one not join, isn't that what this is for to help, and have a little fun doing it? Now does it matter about the scale size in a group build? The reason I'm so late responding, I partied yesterday, a bit of a hangover, you know!!!Beer :rolleyes:Ship-1

Back