USS Constitution 1:48 Scale

Here are a few shots of the current state of the build. This summer I worked on the masts and the fighting tops. Obviously there are a lot of things still unfinished (e.g., painting the tops). I want to really focus on the hull now, so I can call it done, and then I’ll move to shrouds, yards, riggings and sails.

Beautiful. What did you use as deck stain?
Hi ilanortho! Sorry, but I don’t remember exactly the color. It was something I picked up at Home Depot. An oil based stain, and then I covered it with an oil based satin sealer. I’ve been on the USS Constitution a few times and the deck is a very weathered, and not very attractive, grey color. I wanted something that looked good, but not too dark. It may have been provincial stain. Thanks for the note. Are you building a model?

Hi ilanortho! Sorry, but I don’t remember exactly the color. It was something I picked up at Home Depot. An oil based stain, and then I covered it with an oil based satin sealer. I’ve been on the USS Constitution a few times and the deck is a very weathered, and not very attractive, grey color. I wanted something that looked good, but not too dark. It may have been provincial stain. Thanks for the note. Are you building a model?
Thanks. Not building this, but always looking for a pleasing somewhat realistic deck finish.

Back