USS Constitution Build log by VIC [COMPLETED BUILD]

Congratulations Vic! A wonderful accomplishment. Your Constitution turned out great and it looks great on your side table. It's exciting to see the finished product. Only someone who has ever tried their hand at model ship building knows the time commitment and skill level needed to complete something like you have built. Lots of runners run - but only one gets the prize. You have run in such as way as to get the prize. Bravo!

810A77B3-8C9A-4D5D-8ADD-DFFD3EFC3560.jpeg

Congrats! Those sails seemed to go up really fast. Nice work.
By the way, I am EXTREMELY envious of your serving mallet. Very cool. :cool:

Congrats on your accomplishment! This was a joyful journey and lots of learning for you as the builder, and enjoyable for us as observers readers. Great model and a nice place for her to display your work! Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up Be sure to submit images of your complete model!

Congrats on your accomplishment! This was a joyful journey and lots of learning for you as the builder, and enjoyable for us as observers readers. Great model and a nice place for her to display your work! Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up Be sure to submit images of your complete model!
Will these pictures be okay, Jim?

Will these pictures be okay, Jim?
Ideally, there should be static background preferably a solid color. The wall of any color, as long as nothing is on it, should be just fine. We want to see more of your ship, all the details from various views! Yeah...that's ideal. ;)

Well done Vic looks great sitting on display bet you'll get some nice compliments from all who see her. How do you rate this kit against the Black Pearl?
Tony
This kit is much more simplistic. It didn’t have as thorough rigging plans and it used only one layer of planks. I did use some things I learned from the Pearl to bring a bit more detail. But this ship prepared me for the Pearl and beyond. There are a lot of things that I might have done differently had I known what I know now, like rigging and sails and rudders. I’m not crazy about the hatches and capstan. I would have left the metal protective bars off and put rods in the capstan. But, overall, I’m pleased with the simple, elegant beauty of the ship, and I am proud to display it. Next week, I’ll start on the Soleil Royal.

Back