USS Constitution Build log by VIC [COMPLETED BUILD]

You know we're all going to say you should do it the way that looks best too you :D

But being as you asked for other folks opinions, I would remove the ones by the capstan, and probably put a grate over them, Then the others I would attempt to just cut the top part off straighten them out a little, and use some thread to turn them into railings where they don't appear to be in the way of anything.

You know we're all going to say you should do it the way that looks best too you :D

But being as you asked for other folks opinions, I would remove the ones by the capstan, and probably put a grate over them, Then the others I would attempt to just cut the top part off straighten them out a little, and use some thread to turn them into railings where they don't appear to be in the way of anything.
That's an idea.

Hello, I believe their purpose (rails) to hold the cover in case of rain or storm. If you going to remove them altogether, you will be left with holes in the coamings. You will most likely need to re-do them...Do you ready for the changes? ;)

Back