USS Merrimack 1855 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Maybe a nice photo or drawing of the ship as you plan to build her so we can see the look and lines of this nice build you have taken on.
There are few good images of the Merrimack. Some of the models I have seen of her differ in their stern and spar deck arrangement. There are many photos of her sisters Wabash and Minnesota though and I am using them as a guide. The National Archives is "suppose" to have a plan of Merrimack's spar deck, I even have a plan number and group number, but, the staff cannot seem to find it anywhere!

bow of Merrimack.jpg

Merrimack sectional.png

098642415.jpg

Anyway, the rigging is done. I do not coil gun tackle ropes as that is not how they are usually stored for high seas travel. The tackle tails are wound around the falls. The Merrimack evidently had a secondary set of cat heads located where you see the beams laying across the wale cap. Also, she had an enclosed hammock storage which is why the entry side boards are painted on only one side. I finished the skylights and hatch gratings and installed them. When I post next, the cat heads will be in, the hammock storage will be in, the boiler room vents, and the pin rails will be in.

IMG_9796.JPG

IMG_9797.JPG

IMG_9798.JPG

IMG_9799.JPG

IMG_9800.JPG

IMG_9801.JPG

IMG_9802.JPG

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

Congratulations for this remarkable model - Bravo !!! Well done Thumbsup

Back