USS UNITED STATES Foundation

My name is Ed. Zimmerman, Jr. and I have represented the 44-gun frigate USS UNITED STATES out of Philadelphia since 03Sept1978. I established for real, that she was the first commissioned warship of the United States Navy; 22 February 1797 under the orders of Commodore John Barry "Num One" by then President George Washington. If you wish to learn more about the activities of the USS UNITED STATES Foundation please contact me at USSUNITEDSTATES@GMAIL.com I need to post this warning to you: Revell put out a cheap version of the frigate UNITED STATES at a scale of 1:150 without the poop deck. If a model of the UNITED STATES has no poop deck or has a white stripe along her gun ports, the model IS NOT the USS UNITED STATES. It might be the CONSTITUTION or PRESIDENT but not the USS UNITED STATES She had a YELLOW stripe and a poop deck.There are also Monogram kits without the poop deck. Also Believe none of what you hear, half of what you see. The only most authentic version is the 1:96 scale by Revell WITH THE POOP DECK and a yellow stripe. otherwise, DON't buy the kit. I should know. I've represented the frigate USS UNITED STATES for over 44 years (a year for every gun). A couple of friends from across the pond posted on YouTube with a bad picture of the UNITED STATES by Revelle. I am also a former member of the 28th DIVISION PA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD and Franklin's Associators 111th INF. 108th FA Honest John Rocket FDC 81mm's Weapons Platoon gun crew chief and FDC.

Barry and his Frigate Commission No One USN.png
Commodore John Barry's commissioning document also commissions the frigate "to take command of the frigate called UNITED STATES..." First Commissioned warship of the United States Navy with the approval of the SENATE and House of Representatives and signed by G Washington.

Last edited by a moderator:
a warm welcome here on board of our forum

If you like you can show us much more information about the USS United States in this area

Also from me a warm welcome to the forum and have fun.

Welcome to the forums !
I would love if there were wood ship kits of our country’s (US) square rigged sailing ships!
perhaps you could work with one of the manufacturers to put out an accurate wood kit of the United States !

My name is Ed. Zimmerman, Jr. and I have represented the 44-gun frigate USS UNITED STATES out of Philadelphia since 03Sept1978. I established for real, that she was the first commissioned warship of the United States Navy; 22 February 1797 under the orders of Commodore John Barry "Num One" by then President George Washington. If you wish to learn more about the activities of the USS UNITED STATES Foundation please contact me at USSUNITEDSTATES@GMAIL.com I need to post this warning to you: Revell put out a cheap version of the frigate UNITED STATES at a scale of 1:150 without the poop deck. If a model of the UNITED STATES has no poop deck or has a white stripe along her gun ports, the model IS NOT the USS UNITED STATES. It might be the CONSTITUTION or PRESIDENT but not the USS UNITED STATES She had a YELLOW stripe and a poop deck.There are also Monogram kits without the poop deck. Also Believe none of what you hear, half of what you see. The only most authentic version is the 1:96 scale by Revell WITH THE POOP DECK and a yellow stripe. otherwise, DON't buy the kit. I should know. I've represented the frigate USS UNITED STATES for over 44 years (a year for every gun). A couple of friends from across the pond posted on YouTube with a bad picture of the UNITED STATES by Revelle. I am also a former member of the 28th DIVISION PA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD and Franklin's Associators 111th INF. 108th FA Honest John Rocket FDC 81mm's Weapons Platoon gun crew chief and FDC.

View attachment 389916
Commodore John Barry's commissioning document also commissions the frigate "to take command of the frigate called UNITED STATES..." First Commissioned warship of the United States Navy with the approval of the SENATE and House of Representatives and signed by G Washington.
Hallo @Ed. Zimmerman Jr
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back