Utrecht Pegasus kit

Hi

My wife gave me the ok to add another box kit to my small collection of undo kits  . With the cavia that it would be nice if I have something different. We went through many kits and I was surprised that the Chinese Kit UTRECH PEGASUS was one that she selected and the most beautiful for both of us and different of what it is around.

But !!! I am scare to hell to do it.

I consider myself a medium level experienced modeler. Based on the online pictures, this model looks like is not forgiving any mistake. All is so visible.

So my question(s):

Have any of you built this Chinese kit or the Russian kit ?

If you haven't, by seeing the online pictures (links below)....what do you think about its built:

Is complicated, too complicated or forget about it (because only a master builder will succed) ?

As I said I have a fight inside of my head. Half brain tells me "you can, not perfect, but ok" the other half tells me "are you totally crazy/insane".

What are your thoughts ?

Thank you !!
Daniel

Hi

My wife gave me the ok to add another box kit to my small collection of undo kits  . With the cavia that it would be nice if I have something different. We went through many kits and I was surprised that the Chinese Kit UTRECH PEGASUS was one that she selected and the most beautiful for both of us and different of what it is around.

But !!! I am scare to hell to do it.

I consider myself a medium level experienced modeler. Based on the online pictures, this model looks like is not forgiving any mistake. All is so visible.

So my question(s):

Have any of you built this Chinese kit or the Russian kit ?

If you haven't, by seeing the online pictures (links below)....what do you think about its built:

Is complicated, too complicated or forget about it (because only a master builder will succed) ?

As I said I have a fight inside of my head. Half brain tells me "you can, not perfect, but ok" the other half tells me "are you totally crazy/insane".

What are your thoughts ?

Thank you !!
Daniel

Our friend Karl alias @Jeronimo built this beautiful model based on the kit and posted also a building log here in our forum:

In spring 2019 I met Karl during a yearly meeting and I had the chance to see his model in real

Our friend Karl alias @Jeronimo built this beautiful model based on the kit and posted also a building log here in our forum:

In spring 2019 I met Karl during a yearly meeting and I had the chance to see his model in real

Thank you

From the build log, I can see that some wood was changed but I asume the CNC cuts parts are from the kit. Like the room. I will ask to the builder, but could be you have the answer.

That built is amazing and takes me to my original mind battle and question.

A middle expert modeler will be able to built it ?

Your thoughts????

Thanks
Daniel

Last edited:
A middle expert modeler will be able to built it ?
Your thoughts????
Thanks
Daniel

Hallo Daniel,

I think so, yes - maybe not in the final high quality like Karl @Jeronimo , who is very experienced also in scratch building, but I think that you could receive a good quality model...... I am sure Karl will respond also in short time.

Back