Vasa builders check THIS OUT

The boxwood ornaments are looking very good, you can reach with some small works definitely very good results.
The 1:48 version for the scratch builder and the 1:75 for the Corel and billing boat kit builders.
Nevertheless these special Chinese carvings are still not cheap, but I guess a mill is working a lot of hours for such a quality.....

These are not really new,I have seen the a year ago on facebook,they are cnc carvings.

Yes.....in the meantime they are offering also customized figureheads in boxwood in every scale you want.
Nevertheless, if you have the money, it is very good possibility to get high quality boxwood carvings for your model. Not everybody is able to make such ornaments....

I'm working on getting a nice CNC router here after the holidays I saw these carvings and the price and figured $600 for those carvings or $600 for my own machine and unlimited carvings anytime I desire. The set up I'm looking at is local to me and in a shop its a decent size router 20"X40" the owner used it for making carvings for Grandfather clocks and sign making, unfortunately I cant get it because the seller is out of town till after Christmas, but as soon as he gets back I will grab that puppy up. we have been chatting for a couple weeks about it and it turns out he is my wife's cousin. cant wait to see what I can make with this thing.
20181126_181037.jpg20181126_181101.jpg

I have seen a few very nice Chinese sets with Boxwood and Pearwood CNC carvings and most of the are really great. In some of the cases I think manual carving can give better results but CNC has unlimited advantage in making IDENTICAL parts because, of course, those don't want to be REALLY identical in manual practice. However, I can't see at the moment that CNC carving would become a real option for the individual modeller. Timewise it is not competitive at all to create the artwork, designing the toolpath and running the carving itself. For sale, probably, if one can secure the appropriate quantities for which the above one-off efforts would pay off, and provided, that the maker has enough experience in the other aspects of CNC'ing. So the Cinese might have a market for their better quality CNC carvings as none of the other kit makers seem to want to put any effort into that (I know, Western wages, etc., etc.)
Janos

Back