Vasa Museum

One of my favorite museums. There was even a chandelier that looked like the Wasa.

Wow This ship is just beautiful in this condition, I bet when she was new and sailing it would have brought tears to my eyes. Fantastic I wish I lived hear this I would gauk at it every chance I could.
The work in these ships amazes me every time I see one.
Thank you for posting these photos.

Awesome images thanks for sharing.

I visited twice in 095, then again in 2018. For the second visit I also spent time with Dr. Fred Hocker - Super interesting - he showed me some
areas of their research dept. He also mentioned that they are still finding artifacts near the site.

A wonderful museum, well worth the visit. Your photos too give some details which I have been looking for for my build (vasa-build-log-billing-boats-scale). Unfortunately, I have had to take a break from the build due to bushfires, COVID and life!!! I will resume it soon and bring the log up to date. I am currently between a finished hull and reasonably finished spars/masts and will be embarking on rigging soon.

I last visited the museum in 2017 and it was inspirational. The Swedish have done the ship justice and for anyone with the opportunity to visit, don't miss it. There are so few instances where we can model a ship with the degree of preservation as good as the Vasa. To make a truly authentic model with the ability to examine how various aspects were on the 'real' ship provides a wonderful sense of having truly done the ship justice. The kits in my view are good, but the additional time taken to research these various aspects and items to add extra detail, is what makes the ship modelling and the end build special. Having photos such as yours assist this enormously.

Thank you,

Peter G.

I would love to see that. awesome pics, Years ago, Discovery channel I think it was had a show where they raised it And showed the preservation.

Back