Wappen Von Hamburg. COREL kit

Very nice build
Watching it closely as have this kit and will be building it in the future after I have built the Berlin and a few others

Great and neat work! Following with interest.

From my acquaintance with the model of the ship, this is a very complex challenge. You manage to achieve the most beautiful results, well doneThumbsup:)

I have seen that this forum does not contain information about COREL's largest and most sophisticated ship model, Wappen von Hamburg. This is my second ship model I am currently making. I'll share my photos and experiences on the ship model, and maybe you will like this ship model and decide to make it yourself.
View attachment 138289
View attachment 138290View attachment 138291View attachment 138292View attachment 138293View attachment 138294View attachment 138295View attachment 138296View attachment 138297View attachment 138299
View attachment 138301

I don't have the first pictures of the ship's production. There is only one plank deck on board.
View attachment 138302

I don't have the first pictures of the ship's production. There is only one planking.
View attachment 138303View attachment 138304View attachment 138305

To save the tables I did not glue the lower deck floor as they will be almost invisible. I painted the floor only with paint.
View attachment 138306
View attachment 138307View attachment 138308View attachment 138309View attachment 138310View attachment 138311
View attachment 138312View attachment 138313
Hallo @Algirdas
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you still working on the Wappen Von Hamburg ? Maybe time for an update......

One sculpture in the set is wrong size (I think that is assembly error)
View attachment 146742

But in real Wappen von Hamburg ship this part was different. In real ship was just 1 big window between the doors.
View attachment 146743

So, my solution is change this detail:
View attachment 146744
Every will be fine and 2 sculptures will no longer be needed.
Thank You for all of the fine work and details you have showed us.
Are you planning to continue this build?
I ask because I’m about to purchase one but would like to continue following your build.

When I made mine (20+years ago) not all the side figures fit in- there were ?spare. Worth checking out before final fit
I checked everything several times. Corel kits have a lot of bugs and I won't be spraying them again in the future. I think this is an old company and it doesn't want to improve

I checked everything several times. Corel kits have a lot of bugs and I won't be spraying them again in the future. I think this is an old company and it doesn't want to improve
Well, that’s good to know. I always thought that Corel was one of the best when it comes to quality materials, but I will keep in mind all of your advises.
Will you be continuing the build?.

Well, that’s good to know. I always thought that Corel was one of the best when it comes to quality materials, but I will keep in mind all of your advises.
Will you be continuing the build?.
Corel materials are good, but they are suitable for a very experienced modeler. In some places, the wrong parts of wood are used, bad drawings. In this case, you need to buy additional wood. I do not or. I will continue building this model. Now I made my few Brigantina phoenix models. With self-made plastic sails.
Brigantina phoenix is a very high quality set.

P_20230131_123306.jpg

P_20230131_123215.jpg

P_20230131_123244.jpg

I see.
Well, it is what it is.
Too bad that you won’t continue.
We will enjoy your builds of any model you choose.

Back