Wasa, a Swedish Galeon 1628

Hello, everybody,

as promised, here some pictures of my Wasa. Various colleagues in the forum will still know the model from the MSW.

I made the model in the mid 90's based on the Corel 1:75 kit. After a beginner's model this was my first real ship model. Of course, it also has certain structural weaknesses.

At that time there was no internet and so my information base was weak in the beginning. At the beginning I had only one single model book. After a friend had brought me some first-hand information from the Wasa Museum, I had to rebuild the model in several places. I tried, as far as I could, to get as close to the original as my structural abilities and possibilities had allowed at that time and what could still be changed at all in the late construction phase.

And this is the result.

_MG_8015.JPG_MG_8018.JPG_MG_8019.JPG_MG_8020.JPG_MG_8022.JPG_MG_8026.JPG_MG_8029.JPG_MG_8039.JPG_MG_8040.JPG_MG_8056.JPG_MG_8060.JPG_MG_8064.JPG_MG_8080.JPG_MG_8087.JPG

Looking closer to your photos, I come up with at least one question (for now) I absolutely love your caulking, looks so natural. How this was done? Can you share the secret? :cool:

Very pretty model to be one of the first ones you built. do you come from Sweden? Nice to see work from others from Scandinavia !.

Then your friend who had obtained information from the museum from Sweden?

My friend visited the museum and gave me these books:
Lanitzki, Die Wasa von 1628
Kvarning, Das schwedische Kriegsschiff Wasa

Of course, from all we know today, these books gave only very poor informations. But this was all I found at that time.
Once I went to a big bookstore in Stuttgart and asked about other books of the Wasa, and they told me, there exist no more other books, nowhere ... so I gave up looking for more details.

Also I understood, that the knowledge about the Vasa changed over the years.
I am still waiting for the volume 2 (and 3) of the Fred Hoecker book.

51sCvTVFT3L._SX412_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Remember the info, when it was told, that the colour of the Vasa was different than the historians thought before.
All the kit manuals of the Vasa were wrong

Hello, everybody,

as promised, here some pictures of my Wasa. Various colleagues in the forum will still know the model from the MSW.

I made the model in the mid 90's based on the Corel 1:75 kit. After a beginner's model this was my first real ship model. Of course, it also has certain structural weaknesses.

At that time there was no internet and so my information base was weak in the beginning. At the beginning I had only one single model book. After a friend had brought me some first-hand information from the Wasa Museum, I had to rebuild the model in several places. I tried, as far as I could, to get as close to the original as my structural abilities and possibilities had allowed at that time and what could still be changed at all in the late construction phase.

And this is the result.

View attachment 78852View attachment 78853View attachment 78854View attachment 78855View attachment 78856View attachment 78857View attachment 78858View attachment 78859View attachment 78860View attachment 78861View attachment 78862View attachment 78863View attachment 78864View attachment 78865
Hallo Joachim mein Freund alias @shipshobbyist
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

die Jahre vergehen so schnell.....
Hallo Joachim mein Freund alias @shipshobbyist
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back