Well..I'm holding my breath

I"m a retired American living in Portugal, and I'm well into my second build,The L'Hermione from AL, so I decided it was time to shop for the next project. I couldn't help it. I had it in my mind to build a mid 19th century clipper. I was looking at the flying cloud from Mamoli, but the Flying Fish from Model Shipways really caught my eye, and it was on sale at a great price. I looked up an online calculator for the customs duties and charges, and it looked like all that would be due would be VAT. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger.
Well today I got the email from customs in Lisbon, and besides requesting some documentation from me, she provided a somewhat confusing list of if/or/and charges I will/may be in for. So now I wait for the other shoe to drop... It's all good

I would also like to warmly welcome you to the forum and have fun.
I know that too. I bought the Britannia from Mountfleet Models and had to fill out forms here in Germany and pay 110 euros in customs duties, but I really wanted to have the Britannia.

I would also like to warmly welcome you to the forum and have fun.
I know that too. I bought the Britannia from Mountfleet Models and had to fill out forms here in Germany and pay 110 euros in customs duties, but I really wanted to have the Britannia.
Thanks Wolle..at least I'm not the only one.

I"m a retired American living in Portugal, and I'm well into my second build,The L'Hermione from AL, so I decided it was time to shop for the next project. I couldn't help it. I had it in my mind to build a mid 19th century clipper. I was looking at the flying cloud from Mamoli, but the Flying Fish from Model Shipways really caught my eye, and it was on sale at a great price. I looked up an online calculator for the customs duties and charges, and it looked like all that would be due would be VAT. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger.
Well today I got the email from customs in Lisbon, and besides requesting some documentation from me, she provided a somewhat confusing list of if/or/and charges I will/may be in for. So now I wait for the other shoe to drop... It's all good
Welcome to the forums and best of luck with the authorities! :)

Jeff

Happily I'm breathing easier today as my flying fish kit arrived all in order, and the bite from the taxman wasn't wildly more than expected...130 euros. So in the end the sale discount with addons more than covered the import duties, so all is good...now, back to the shop!

Back