What a day today!

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

You may hear about those fleamarkets or sometimes called 'stoop sale' we have here in the USA. As soon as it enough warm, people get cleaned their homes, garages and trying to sell stuff they no longer use\need. The price for those may be ridiculously low, or some time unduly overpriced ( be careful!!!)
Today was a really warm day in New York and was walking grandson. Once, a reasonably small fleamarket brought my attention... and I left it with few books, $20.00 for both!!!!

1. Fighting Ships 1750 -1850 by Sam Willis
2. Das Grobe Buch der Schiffstypen by Dudszus Henriot Rumrey (The big book of the ship types ) in the German Language

IMG_0501.JPEG IMG_0502.JPEG IMG_0503.JPEG IMG_0504.JPEG

IMG_0505.JPEG

This is an excellent series of three books. It is NOT a history of ships or naval warfare. It is more a history of fighting ships as told by art and artifacts. This volume covers the period, from 1750 to 1850. The works chosen are fascinating, and the accompanying text is concise, informative and honest in the assessment of art versus reality!

There you are,now you have your own library Lol,start scratch building soon ;)
Frankly speaking about my own library - I do have one! It is not really sophisticated, but the one I proud of.

IMG_0512.JPEG

IMG_0514.JPEG

IMG_0515.JPEG

Subscription of "Ship In Scale" for 6 years, and Model Shipwright (England) for 8 years!!! Great publications!!!

As for the starting a scratch builds, I mentally ready and have ideas about it. Lack of free time and convenience of the Kit (all you need and precut in one box) cannot justify... But I am heading in the right direction, Thank you!!!

Back