- Joined
- Dec 1, 2016
- Messages
- 6,892
- Points
- 728

i understand the original question is what makes a kit, any kits far more expensive than another and not what IS the best kit.
the only way is to have several kits of the same subject in different price range and compare them side by side but doing that there is a bias based on the builders experience and knowledge of the subject.
Excuse me but where in this series of posts did I say that I’m better than anyone else because I’m a scratch builder? My observations about mass market POB kits was based on dozens of complaints from kit builders here on SOS and inherent problems obvious from finished builds.
Roger
having spent many, many years on your craft to reach a level of master craftsman than have someone insult you for your accomplishments. Let it go you know as well as i do being on the staff at the school teaching this craft and taking time to answer and help everyone from beginner to fellow master builders is what we do and proud of it.
the only way is to have several kits of the same subject in different price range and compare them side by side but doing that there is a bias based on the builders experience and knowledge of the subject.
Excuse me but where in this series of posts did I say that I’m better than anyone else because I’m a scratch builder? My observations about mass market POB kits was based on dozens of complaints from kit builders here on SOS and inherent problems obvious from finished builds.
Roger
having spent many, many years on your craft to reach a level of master craftsman than have someone insult you for your accomplishments. Let it go you know as well as i do being on the staff at the school teaching this craft and taking time to answer and help everyone from beginner to fellow master builders is what we do and proud of it.
Last edited:





