Where can I download some Napoleonic ship lines drawings?

I'm starting to scratch build a Napoleonic line of battle ship, and I'm working from the lines drawings given in C. Napean Longridge's book "Anatomy of Nelson's Ships". the drawings are very good, but difficult to transfer dimensions from. Can anyone point me to a site were I can download lines drawings for a ship of this type please? I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for them.

I'm starting to scratch build a Napoleonic line of battle ship, and I'm working from the lines drawings given in C. Napean Longridge's book "Anatomy of Nelson's Ships". the drawings are very good, but difficult to transfer dimensions from. Can anyone point me to a site were I can download lines drawings for a ship of this type please? I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for them.
Hallo @ShadyG ,
are you looking for a british built or french built ?
It is not clear, because you write "Napoleonic" and also mention Longridge book which is only british ships.......
Very interesting btw

I'm looking for a british built ship, I originally wanted to build Temeraire (as a previous post said), but there is absolutely nothing out there of that class of ship. as a by the bye, the accepted lore of the time was that the best line of battle ship would be french built, but manned by British sailors. In my wildest dreams I would prefer to download the lines in a .dxf version, but maybe that's asking too much.

I'm looking for a british built ship, I originally wanted to build Temeraire (as a previous post said), but there is absolutely nothing out there of that class of ship. as a by the bye, the accepted lore of the time was that the best line of battle ship would be french built, but manned by British sailors. In my wildest dreams I would prefer to download the lines in a .dxf version, but maybe that's asking too much.
Sorry, that I did not immediately remembered that you are looking for the Temeraire.
As I mentioned in my other post
there are contemporary drawings existing - inclusive the drawing with body and shear lines.
You can order these drawings directly from the NMM archive in scale 1:48

Take a look at this topic, where it is explained how to do it

Attachments

• j1630.jpg
    j1630.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 9
  • j1677.jpg
    j1677.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 8
  • j1767.jpg
    j1767.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 7
  • j1772.jpg
    j1772.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 8
Thanks so much Uwek, I've ordered a copy of the lines drawing of Neptune, as they seem to be in the best condition., and I've downloaded the drawings in PDF that you kindly put in your reply. I'll hit the drawing board tomorrow, and keep you updated with my progress.

Back