Where to find British monographies?

From the series of Anatomy you can find here a post with all books - some of them we made already a book review

and maybe you can find also some more infos at our Plans-area

A friend of mine made a detailed planset of the HMS Sphynx, 20 gun sixth rate

Hey Uwe, where can i go to look at/purchase the drawings of the Sphynx. I am trying to narrow down my selection and I think I might go with this for a starter;

Not a 4-5 year build time and something to wet my appetite after the Blandford cross section which I am enjoying immensely. Plus I dont have the proxxon cnc tools yet to work beautifully made keels and other highly detailed joins.

Last edited:
Hey Uwe, where can i go to look at/purchase the drawings. I am trying to narrow down my selection and I think I might go with this for a starter;
View attachment 79385

Not a 4-5 year build time and something to wet my appetite after the Blandford cross section which I am enjoying immensely. Plus I dont have the proxxon cnc tools yet to work beautifully made keels and other highly detailed joins.

click on the link

Here is my complete download catalogue. Click the image you wish to see and scroll down a bit after it opens to read the synopsis of that particular one Then, if you wish to go ahead with a download, a Paypal/Cards button is provided. Two of them are free. These are all merchant ship model practicums and history, so probably not of any interest to model shipbuilders who prefer warships!
https://payhip.com/Shipbuilder/collection/miniature-merchant-ship-construction-history

Here is my complete download catalogue. Click the image you wish to see and scroll down a bit after it opens to read the synopsis of that particular one Then, if you wish to go ahead with a download, a Paypal/Cards button is provided. Two of them are free. These are all merchant ship model practicums and history, so probably not of any interest to model shipbuilders who prefer warships!
https://payhip.com/Shipbuilder/collection/miniature-merchant-ship-construction-history
Bob ,how detailed are these plans for bigger scale builders?

Some of them are shipbuilder plans from old technical journals that have given me prmission to use them. Others (sailing ships) I have drawn myself, and I am often told they are inedequate, but I never have any problem with them. 80172

Awesome thanks for the links. I am guessing from your picture Bob that you were at some stage a Seamanship Officer?

Regards
Steve

Back