Which ship?

Thanks, Willi.
Somehow I thought it was Russian. I will have a look on the Net now as you gave its name.
The reason of my asking is that I carved this tafferel (95% ready now) because I liked it, not even knowing the name of the ship!
Recht schönen Dank!
Janos

Thanks, Willi.
Somehow I thought it was Russian. I will have a look on the Net now as you gave its name.
The reason of my asking is that I carved this tafferel (95% ready now) because I liked it, not even knowing the name of the ship!
Recht schönen Dank!
Janos
Hallo Janos,
is the taffarel shown on the photo your work, or is this photo the basis of your work?
Would be very interesting to see your work in some working steps....... maybe?

Thanks Uwe,
The photo shows the 'original' work on the basis of which I made mine. It is close to completion so it is a bit late for step-by-step photos now. Sovereign is in an advanced state now (although I haven't touched it for a few weeks as I am working on Oliver Cromwell) so it is also out of question. I can make a few step-by-step photos of my next carving job, if there is any interest for that.
Janos

Thanks, Willi.
Recht schönen Dank!
Janos

G'day Janos, I can remember seeing it on one of the Russian sites, I think it was Alex that was comparing this photo with some carving he or his friend had done,

best regards John,

Back