Which victory to build

Hi I’ve got two models of the victory to build, a Constructo kit ( new ) and a matura panart ( 738 I think) it’s the one with the copper cladding , it’s been started by the previous owner , hull is built and most of the planking done , though some will have to be redone .
I’m tempted to start the Constructo , smaller size , better plans ,ie pictographs, which kit is the most accurate? Ielocation of gunports etc
The metal casting is better on the mantua , more thin etch , but the brass casting for the rear windows etc is horrible , it’s a massive bit of brass about 1mm thick . I’ve looked at both the plans quite a lot of differences between the two , luckily I’ve got my photos of the victory I took in Portsmouth
Once I’ve decided which kit to build I’ll probably sell tthe second one , all advice appreciated ian

Hi Ian. Unfortunately I cannot give you any advice on that as I know next to nothing about the Victory. @GrantTyler Grant is building the Mantua kit at the moment, so maybe he can help.

Hi I’ve got two models of the victory to build, a Constructo kit ( new ) and a matura panart ( 738 I think) it’s the one with the copper cladding , it’s been started by the previous owner , hull is built and most of the planking done , though some will have to be redone .
I’m tempted to start the Constructo , smaller size , better plans ,ie pictographs, which kit is the most accurate? Ielocation of gunports etc
The metal casting is better on the mantua , more thin etch , but the brass casting for the rear windows etc is horrible , it’s a massive bit of brass about 1mm thick . I’ve looked at both the plans quite a lot of differences between the two , luckily I’ve got my photos of the victory I took in Portsmouth
Once I’ve decided which kit to build I’ll probably sell tthe second one , all advice appreciated ian
I have both the Panart 738 and the JoTiKa kit. I do not yet have the courage to start the JoTiKa so I guess I'll do Panart first-after I relocate.

The last I heard and understand is that the Jotika Victory is the best and most accurate. I think it is less about experience and more about how much time a person wants to invest in a kit like this. Personally, I love the larger ones as they have more area to work with. Usually, the larger scale offers more detail rather than just representation.

Here is where to buy the Jotika kit

link to the Victory Manual for previewing.

1,314.74 United States Dollar

Hi Ian
I have not built either but have seen logs of them both.I would build the Panart and put the Constructo for sale on here or Ebay.The Panart makes into a nicer model IMHO.If you really don't like the brass windows ( this must be an older kit) you can always buy parts from Shapeways to super detail the stern.A modeller has previously built this kit and come up with a plethora of replacement parts to suit the 1/78 Panart/Sergal kit.You can actually buy the Panart laser cut windows separately from Cornwall model boats that come in the later version of your model but aren't a patch on the Shapeways offerings.

I built the Constructo model but decided on bare yards rather than full sail. At 1:90 scale rigging is very fiddly I made a few minor changes from the basic model to improve accuracy but it's generally a good representation given the scale. The smaller model sits in my lounge without raking Iver the whole room. Next project is the JoTika Agamemnon at 1:64. Going to need a bigger house......

IMG_20211017_092128.jpg

PXL_20211017_150348544.NIGHT~2.jpg

The last I heard and understand is that the Jotika Victory is the best and most accurate. I think it is less about experience and more about how much time a person wants to invest in a kit like this. Personally, I love the larger ones as they have more area to work with. Usually, the larger scale offers more detail rather than just representation.

This kit is in my inventory to start as soon as we are moved.

Hi Ian. Unfortunately I cannot give you any advice on that as I know next to nothing about the Victory. @GrantTyler Grant is building the Mantua kit at the moment, so maybe he can help.
Thanks Ian
I have both the Panart 738 and the JoTiKa kit. I do not yet have the courage to start the JoTiKa so I guess I'll do Panart first-after I relocate.
thanks
I built the Constructo model but decided on bare yards rather than full sail. At 1:90 scale rigging is very fiddly I made a few minor changes from the basic model to improve accuracy but it's generally a good representation given the scale. The smaller model sits in my lounge without raking Iver the whole room. Next project is the JoTika Agamemnon at 1:64. Going to need a bigger house......

View attachment 312358

View attachment 312359
hi thanks for the reply ian

Hi Ian
I have not built either but have seen logs of them both.I would build the Panart and put the Constructo for sale on here or Ebay.The Panart makes into a nicer model IMHO.If you really don't like the brass windows ( this must be an older kit) you can always buy parts from Shapeways to super detail the stern.A modeller has previously built this kit and come up with a plethora of replacement parts to suit the 1/78 Panart/Sergal kit.You can actually buy the Panart laser cut windows separately from Cornwall model boats that come in the later version of your model but aren't a patch on the Shapeways offerings.
Thanks Ian

Hi Ian
Thanks ian

Thanks Donnie

Hi spars I thought that my buying days were over as well .
But have just bought a condo river queen ( no plans or instructions) and a artesania j.s, Elcano kit both rare kits now apparently,
Unfortunately I still listen to the voices , can’t resist a bargain on eBay cheers ian

Hi spars I thought that my buying days were over as well .
But have just bought a condo river queen ( no plans or instructions) and a artesania j.s, Elcano kit both rare kits now apparently,
Unfortunately I still listen to the voices , can’t resist a bargain on eBay cheers ian
Maybe there's hope for me yet! I do have a 10 year-old grandson who may take up the hobby-once I submerge his pocket computer thingy by mistake!!!

Back