Willem Barentsz by Kolderstok AD 1596

The Deadeye saga concludes:

View attachment 443605

A lot of little errors and things not quite up to snuff, but there you have it!

I’ve learned what works, what not to do and above all “Re-Do” patience.

The next adventure — tying Ratlines. :eek:

Jan
Wish I could say I sympathize with you for having to do the ratlines; unfortunately I don't: been there, seen that, done that...
By the looks of it, you're giving @Heinrich a run for his money, she looks great!

Wish I could say I sympathize with you for having to do the ratlines; unfortunately I don't: been there, seen that, done that...
By the looks of it, you're giving @Heinrich a run for his money, she looks great!
Thanks for looking in.

My adventure with ratlines started with my very first build - Constructo's Enterprise.That was a complete disaster since I never had done anything like that. I spent a lot time tying and retying little bitty knots, etc.

If memory serves @Heinrich had quite a bit of help on weekends tying knots.

Jan

Congratulations Jan! She's looking very nautical!
Thank you.

Hmm a play on words "nautical" / "knotical", well they almost sound the sameROTF

Another milestone is in the works. I can turn to page 46 in the build instructions. At the bottom of page 46 is the next build step --- "Ratlines on the fore shrouds and main shrouds are made of 3mm......" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jan

The Deadeye saga concludes:

View attachment 443605

A lot of little errors and things not quite up to snuff, but there you have it!

I’ve learned what works, what not to do and above all “Re-Do” patience.

The next adventure — tying Ratlines. :eek:

Jan
Another milestone is in the works. I can turn to page 46 in the build instructions. At the bottom of page 46 is the next build step --- "Ratlines on the fore shrouds and main shrouds are made of 3mm......" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Congratulations with this milestone, Jan. That standing rigging is looking very nice.
And thumbs-up and fingers crossed for your next page ……….
Regards, Peter

Congratulations with this milestone, Jan. That standing rigging is looking very nice.
And thumbs-up and fingers crossed for your next page ……….
Regards, Peter
Thank you Peter for looking in.

Ah, I’m seriously contemplating the next page of build instructions and trying to decide how to sweet talk the Admiral into giving that a go. I’m sure she would do a great job with this “Knotical” business. Odds of success with that are probably between zero and none. ROTF

Jan

Hello, my friend - I am back (don't know how long it will last, but at least I have a morning to check in and see what is happening on SOS). I LOVE to read the comments on your WB giving mine a go - I couldn't agree more! Thumbsup Yep, as far as the ratlines and standing rigging go, I can take no credit - that was all the Admiral's doing. I do take credit though for my persuasive powers and charm! ROTF

Back