william and Inger

Just joined yesterday (me, that is William. My wife's not interested). I live in Denmark and my main interest in model ships is miniature models and scratch building them. I'm building a harbour tug from New York measuring 9"; roughly 1/100. I took the plans from Model Boats - the British mag. The hull is finished and 'plated' (with small pieces of computer paper), the prop. from brass and now it's time for the deck and superstructure plus deck planking. Hope to send a couple of photos in the near future.
William

Hallo and a warm welcome to you...... and also to Inger, altough she is not interested in Shops.
Would be Great, if you would Start a Building log of your tug...... Great to See your work in the small scale

Hi all. So appreciate joining. Hey i love old world sailing warships. On that note does anyone have a spare hull or hull half for the heller 1/100 hms victory? My kit has two halfs the same. Ebay purchase. So stuck with it. Really hoping someone can help.

Workbench 1.jpgWorkbench 2.jpgSo far.jpg

Some time ago I promised to send a couple of pictures of 'my work in process'. I found a plan of a generic American harbour tug which rather took my fancy. It was in 'Model Boats' last year and the plan itself could be reduced to a single A4; making it to a scale of about 1:100. (about 9" long). The hull is completed and rather fancifully 'plated' with small plates made from a sheet of computer paper. I really don't know whether this was the case in the first part of the 20th. century, but I wanted to try it out. The crew's quarters and deck house are in the process of being constructed and the brown paint is my painting of the deck house interior. The mess outside will be covered when I complete the cladding of of the exterior. I've been experimenting with acrylic water colours to get a more subdued effect than that acheived by Humbrol tinlet colours. On small models it can get rather garish I think. Now I have to clear my work bench so I can bring on my trusty Cowells lathe. There are 14 portholes to turn plus a funnel. I've used some plastic card as it's more bendable than wood and, when it's all painted, can not be seen. The pencil marks from door to door is the pencil line for the railings. Why is it I can't keep a clear and tidy bench? Sorry about the pictures, but I've had the devil of a job just to get these three on and I don't think you can enlarge them. Hope it will be better next time.
William (Denmark)

Edit by Admin Uwek: done
Workbench 1.jpg

Workbench 2.jpg

So far.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. So appreciate joining. Hey i love old world sailing warships. On that note does anyone have a spare hull or hull half for the heller 1/100 hms victory? My kit has two halfs the same. Ebay purchase. So stuck with it. Really hoping someone can help.
Hallo Marc,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back