Wingnut Wing SE 5a Hisso 1:32

A small contribution from my 1:32 model making section. It is a SE 5a of the company Wingnut WIng, whose owner is none other than Peter Jackson, the maker of "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the the Rings". The models are excellent made and show a lot of details. Unfortunately I have no pictures of the construction phase, so I can only show the finished aircraft.
The SE 5a was a British fighterplane from the first World War. In this case it had a Hispano-Suiza geared V8 engine with 150 HP.
Flown by RAF 24 Sqn, 2nd Lt A.P.C Wigan, March 1918.
Here you can see how proud Lt Wigan is to fly such a beautiful machine.IMG_0501.jpgIMG_0524 Kopie.jpgIMG_0515.jpgIMG_0537.jpgIMG_0540.jpg

Look superb I just love it
This year I have restart to do plastic kit after 20y of doing only wood ship and it is not easy and I do have to relearn all the technique. Looking at your really successful build well first Wingnut Wings do have a solid reputation and your build just confirm what I have read second they do have splendid kit so……….. will see

Again congratulation on a splendid model.

Hi,
Why did you take pictures from the real plan and not from your model?;)
Aha, on the picture with the running engine, the pilot's hair doesn't get confused.
I can’t give you a better compliment for you nice build.
Regards, Peter
Here you can see how strong the hair gel was 100 years ago.;)
Many thanks for your compliment.
I already noticed that you are a real miller. That impresses me completely.

Here you can see how strong the hair gel was 100 years ago.;)
Many thanks for your compliment.
I already noticed that you are a real miller. That impresses me completely.
Yeh, working with the forces of nature with such a hugh (windmill)propeller gives always a trill.
And making beautiful products from grain like wholemeal and flour.
That was some years ago. But my certificates are still valid.
Regards, Peter

Back