Wishlist - for a Book Review / Look Inside

UWE, is this book I should have when I build (Rattlesnake 1777)? The Naval Cutter Alert 1777 or is there a separate book for Rattlesnake?.
There is no separate book of the Rattlesnake available.
Rattlesnake and Alert, both launched in 1777 were sisterships - so the construction was similar or equal

Questions about the book Alert 1777.

Which seller is best, Amazon or Abe books.com.
What is the difference between Hardcover and Paperback.
3-Which edition is best 1991 or 2004.
4-What is the weight of the book 2004 edition, think of shipping costs ?.
5-on Abe books, dealer- Irish bookstores, new (2004) book for $ 100, is it a god bargain?

Hope some of you comrades can give their answers / opinions on these questions.
This is an expensive book so I want to make the right choice before I buy the book.
Greeting-

5-on Abe books, dealer- Irish bookstores, new (2004) book for $ 100, is it a god bargain?

This is an expensive book so I want to make the right choice before I buy the book.
Greeting-
Hello @Uwe,which version of this book do you have?

Greeting-
I would go with newer edition.

1-Which seller is best, Amazon or Abe books.com.
2-What is the difference between Hardcover and Paperback.

Greeting-

I try to answer as much as possible:

1) both, amazon and also abebooks are not selling by themself used books - they are for used books only a platform which give the possibility for small companies to offer - so you have to check the comments about the different sellers.....

2) I do not know any book from the Anatomy of ships series, which was published with softcover or paperback - So I think all Alert Anatomy books should have a hard cover
Here is a description of the difference:

3) I guess 2004 when it is the fold out plan version - have to check

4) the series have different books, but all are appr. the same from the dimensions and wheight
We made already several of the series in our Book Review - check this out:
and

5) On ebay US I found a copy for 70 US$ - seems that 100 US$ is not a real good deal, but the standard price - wait and search, maybe in some time you can get a cheaper copy......

Hope this is helping

Thank you so far, the Book (art of ship modeling) I have ordered for loans at my local library,
The book about Alert was so expensive that they didn't want to buy it.
But I really want to buy it privately.
Hilsen-

Thanks Uwe and Zoly, the cheapest on Amazon costs 77 dollars, but they do not send to norway, the next was at 110 dollars.
Abebooks.com cheapest $ 100, I am looking for, new, hardcover, 2004 edition.
Now I want to search on ebay.
This dialogue has been of great help so far, thank you.

On eBay I found two books (Alert1777), both 115 $, 1-1991 and 1-2004, the same price odd, I think I'm waiting and see if the prices change. Thanks.

Thanks UWE, the book is now ordered at Amazon,
Price for book and shipping was 90 dollars home to me in norway,
Customs / fees are free for private use books.
Now I just wonder if the drawings are included, the book is 2004 edition.

Hallo friends,
just finished the Book Review / Look Inside of the Alert book

The Naval Cutter ALERT 1777 (Anatomy of the Ship)
by Peter Goodwin

IMG_24221.jpg IMG_24231.jpg

Please take a closer look in the Book Review area:

Hi Knut, I bought the book and missing plans. :( However, as Uwe mentioned to my response, the plans are actually not developed by Peter Goodwin, they are just representation of the plan in 1:48 scale from the center book (page 48 and 49).

Thanks for your attention Jim, I just thought that since the book was purchased in the category (used),
therefore I am not sure if the plans are included.
If they come along I can frame them and hang them on the wall.
I can probably also use it as a reference along with the plans for Rattlesnake.
Greeting-

Now it has come, Plan / drawing was the book cover, very many folds.
Very good book with lots of good information that I will certainly benefit from in my project.
alert (1).jpgalert (2).jpg

My local library has lent me this book.
Also an informative book.
the art of ship modeling.jpgThe art of shipmodelling.jpg

Greeting-
Hi Knut,
Amazon owns Abe Books now so it is as long as it's short, but I would suggest the Abe search engine is better that Amazon.
Alfie

Hello friends. I am not sure when Alert kit will be available for sale, but I am getting ready for it, and start researching on this matter. Today I received my book by Peter Goodwin from the Anatomy Of the Ship series: The Naval Cutter Alert 1777 published by Conway Maritime Press.

View attachment 93955

Great book with a lot of details drawings. The cover said: complete with a 1/48 scale fold-out plan. however, I didn't find one. Sure enough, I immediately contact the seller, but they reply that they not aware and sell many copies without the fold-out plan. Here is my question, in case some of you already have this book: did yours come with a plan or I am missing something?

Thanks for your help in advance...
Hi Jim,
Have you had a look at the dust jacket, sometimes the plan is on the reverse of the jacket, it is so on my copy of the Victory, just a thought.
Alfie

Back