Woody Joe

I am interested in dome of the architectural models that Woody Jo's has to offer. Has anyone had dealings with this company...and what kind of experience was it? I am thinking about buying the Jappanees Temple. Has anyone built this? And how highways it. Any info w would be greatly appreciated.

I personally never built one but I have seen on the net somewhere some build logs and they look high quality kits,I really like them and might build one in the future.

I know someone who has an unbuilt Woody Joe Himeji Castle model and I have examined it. A very advanced model indeed that will take hundreds of hours to build. There are other less ambitious models in their catalog covering many aspects of Japanese architecture. IMO Woody Joe architectural models are about the best avaliable. Highly detailed, well organised kits with quality materials and major components all laser cut. The instructions are in Japanese only but the excellent step by step photo and diagram instructions make the written word almost superfluous. I believe you will be very satisfied with Woody Joe architectural models because there appears none better. A reliable international online seller of Woody Joe products is Zootoyz.
https://www.zootoyz.jp/

Last edited:
I have purchased from Japan and have build the Sir Winston Churchill model yacht.

Excellent quality in every aspect. Best materials and top well printed instructions with colour pictures, plus big scale drawings.

Its worth to mention that it happened to loose the figurehead of the ship and after emailing my japanese supplier, within a few days I have recieved a new one from Japan (I am in Cyprus/Europe). Note: the invoice came with the shipment it self and so I made the payment (7-8 euro) after receiving the item.

Negative comment. There is just a small problem, the instructions and all texts are in Japanese! Though the instruction's pictures excellently and transparently explain all the way down the building procedure, I have additionally downloaded a translation software from the google play store.

I would again and always definitely buy a Woody Joe model. Its a model company that cares about quality and detail!

Christos

I’m currently building one of their castles after completing their Higaki Kaisen. Too early to tell how it will turn out. Gluing all those stone slabs on the mound the castle sits on is a bitch. Just as demanding as rigging on a ship.

I’m currently building one of their castles after completing their Higaki Kaisen. Too early to tell how it will turn out. Gluing all those stone slabs on the mound the castle sits on is a bitch. Just as demanding as rigging on a ship.
Why don’t you show us your build?

Ok... looking forward to see it, I believe its a good quality model... WJ's is a top class company.

I built one of their entry level boats several years ago. The detail was just gorgeous for such a small little boat. The material was of the best quality and smelled good to. I have never built any of the Castles, but I would love too, just too many other projects going now. I will however at some point take on their Higaki Kaisen. Oh, one would do their selves a favor and order one of their saws. The finest cutting instrument I own.
Rick

Back