Wyoming, Circa 1920's, built in Maine, USA.

You should contact the Maine Maritime Museum in Bath, ME (Mainemaritimemuseum.org), which is located on the site of the Percy and Small shipyard where the Wyoming was built. There is a full-sized sculptural representation of the Wyoming on the grounds. The museum has Wyoming plans available for purchase in their store. Hope this helps.

james

Attached should be a screen grab of the page with the Wyoming plans. There are three sheets, as described. If you are planning to build a model, these plans would be a great start. I volunteered at this museum for several years, and am currently a member, but have no financial interest! Just thought I could help.

james4992F79B-FA0C-4E4E-A496-773A82F777E3.png

Thanks for the information. It is very helpful. I am not currently planning to model the Wyoming. Still need to get working on my model of a Msaine lobster boat; the Donald David, launched in Steuben in 1956.
My sister is an artist and she was asking me about the Wyoming.
Thanks again for the kind responses.
Steven

As an artist, your sister would appreciate the sculpture of the Wyoming on the Maine Maritime Museum grounds. It consists of full-sized metal cross-sections of the bow and stern, with the masts in between. The stern is near the river, and the bowsprit extends out over the road in front of the museum. Standing next to it, one can appreciate the many challenges involved in building such a large wooden ship.

Good luck on your lobster boat model!

james

There is also a very interesting page

several photos also here:

Back