You know the Drill

Hi guys
Looking for a recommendation for a mini cordless drill. I ignored my credo awhile ago (you get what you pay for) and bought an el cheapo. Don’t know where it is now but it was travelling at a high rate of speed when I threw it away. I have my ancient Dremel but it of course has a cord.
Thanks
John

Hi John, if you are a Dremel fan, they make some models. One of those models I am using for almost 3 years, It comes with collets of different sizes, but I bought a miniature chuck to replace collects. I will not say it is a precision tool, but it does the job well. It has variable speed and charging stations.

51G945HkgfL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Here another Dremel model. I don't own one so I cannot tell if it good enough.

49cc4db6-3f59-459a-ab2f-4862c911464e_1.630c0d6dbff69a839e10a0af8e4fcda4.jpg

But, if you can afford "Ferrari' in tools, Proxxon just have a new item, it is expensive (IMHO)

shopping.png

Hope this will help.

For any Dremel, a chuck makes it much more useful. I picked up a small corded rotary tool from Aliexpress recently and really like it, although it is limited in the shank sizes it will accept. The small handpiece makes it very easy to use. It is variable speed and reversible, another plus.

I am also searching for one small and short electric drill (with or without cable) - much shorter than the typical Dremel or Proxxon etc.
In order to make the drills for bolts etc. also inside of a hull for internal planking etc.....
It should be light and short...... any suggestions?

hi all, the model Jim is shwing the full size DREMEL you are showing is an 8220 cordless have 2 of them, as i have stated before I HAVE MANY DREMELS what I do is go on ebay under rotary tools an look for the used models so far have not had ANY PROBLEMS with them most of what I have are 395 type 5, they cost me like $15.00 or $20.00 the 2 type 8220 cost me about $40.00 dollars including shipping, and UWE I have purchased from a seller from china a small electric drill it has 2 speeds and is a wonder, I will post some pictures latter, I found the sourse trough one of DOC BLAKES POST, only mine was a newer model with the varyble speeds MY MISTAKE IN SAYING IT HAS 2 SPEEDS it is VARIABLE SPEEDS, I think this is exactly what you want. Don

Hallo Uwe. The only I can think for a moment is Dremel 2050 Stylo. I am happy to own one! It is light (pen style) and comparatively small. The tool’s variable speed ranges from 5,000 to 22,000 RPM, providing the optimal speed control for applications such as leather burnishing, bead making, detail sanding, wood carving, etching on glass, silver polishing and more. It does, however, have a cord and comes with one collect only. :( I bought a set brass collects for $5.00, Ibut still looking for the miniature chuck to replace.

Yes - something like Don is showing here - but maybe there are shorter one´s possible? Just an idea

Although I still have a Dremel (395)cable, I use my cordless Dremel 8200 most of the time. Its bigger and heavier but adding the A577 Detailer Grip transforms it to a balanced and precise instrument. Also many accessories are available at often cheap prices online.

I used to like the Dremell Mini Mites, they were really great, but i don't think they make them anymore, I have several of the larger Dremel cordless models,
but one that I use a lot is this one, AUD 18 including shipping, but it is a corded drill,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Electric-Grinding-Set-Drill-Grinder-Tool-Mini-20W-for-Milling-Polishing-EU-Plug/382323722098?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and I also bought some small self centering chucks to on them,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/M8-Multi-Chuck-Keyless-Rotary-Tools-0-3-3-2MM-Faster-Bit-Swaps-drill-accessor-HT/113165379051?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

If you buy the above mini drill these are the chucks that will fit it, AUD 2.40 including shipping,

If you want one that fits the dremel see below,

I have actually bought and are using these items and I think they are great value for money, hope this helps you,

best regards John,

I used to like the Dremell Mini Mites, they were really great, but i don't think they make them anymore, I have several of the larger Dremel cordless models,
but one that I use a lot is this one, AUD 18 including shipping, but it is a corded drill,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Electric-Grinding-Set-Drill-Grinder-Tool-Mini-20W-for-Milling-Polishing-EU-Plug/382323722098?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and I also bought some small self centering chucks to on them,

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/M8-Multi-Chuck-Keyless-Rotary-Tools-0-3-3-2MM-Faster-Bit-Swaps-drill-accessor-HT/113165379051?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

If you buy the above mini drill these are the chucks that will fit it, AUD 2.40 including shipping,

If you want one that fits the dremel see below,

I have actually bought and are using these items and I think they are great value for money, hope this helps you,

best regards John,
Great Tipp John - I will order one of these Thumbs-Up

I had this one several years ago, Christmas present from my Admiral. One day I turned it on and it wouldn't turn off! Started to smoke, had to dash out of the basement and toss it into snow. Some fun! :p

Sorry to hear that, I have two that I have been using for two years now and had no problems with at all, I just bought another two that were on special deal, so I have enough to last me for awhile,

best regards john,

Back