YQ Bluenose Ted R

Got the first coat of white on the inner bulwarks.
I made samples of the other colors too. I red that copper red is correct for the hull, see sample, but a brighter red appeals to me.
I like the copper red too
Could I get feedback please?
Best regards
TedIMG20240709191355.jpg

Yes you can: It’s a personal choice how it look to you in real view. What I see on my screen is depending of the color setting of your camera, this web-site and my screen.
Regards, Peter
Thank you Peter. I think I'm going to go with the red copper color but will probably reconsider constantly until its time to paint the hull.
All of our lights are LED due to city regulations here on Los Angeles and that makes my photos bluer than in real life.
Best regards
Ted

I'm already in waterway hell from the mistakes and liberties I took with them earlier. I actually mistakenly got two segments turned upside down and trimmed them to fit only to have to go back and trim the other side during installation.
In addition the damage inside to the jig fixture when removing the frames to rebuild the hull from scratch caused the top of the frames to be a little inconsistent.IMG20240719073732.jpgIMG20240719073719.jpg
Once again, the advice I was given proves to be correct.
Any slight mistake made at one step will magnify later on.
I also ran into problems at the stern interior bulwark. I cobbled together a solution as best I could and will have to live with it.
I really am looking forward to getting the hull assembled and move on to something different.
Best regards,
Ted
Ps doing a paint test on a Burgundy color for the hull later today.

My build has a slightly deviating stern. That was giving me an awful load of issues, from frame pitches and waterways to the monkeyrails. Prepare to make some parts yourself. It'll take time but it will be rewarding.

My build has a slightly deviating stern. That was giving me an awful load of issues, from frame pitches and waterways to the monkeyrails. Prepare to make some parts yourself. It'll take time but it will be rewarding.
I'm moving slowly. Don't know what a monkey rail is.
I bought some Tamiya masking tape looking to provide the best finish possible.
Should I seal the edge of the masking tape with clear coat when painting the hull?
Thanks for the advice.
Best regards,
Ted
IMG20240719133948.jpg

Back