Zeph from chilly montana

Getting setup to start model ship way blue nose. This is my third model from them and have few problems. Looking forward to a source of info when I do.
Hallo and a warm welcome on board of our forum,
Here we have a huge number of helpful modelers which would be happy to assist you in your challenge.
The Best way is to start a building log and to show the status, with this it is much easier for everybody to help and assist when ever necessary and requested.
I am looking forward to see your BlueNose

very nice indeed. Bluenose and Bluenose II seem popular with model kit companies - is the Model Shipway one the best (detail, quality of parts, etc)?

Welcome aboard Ships of Scale! The Bluenose is a great model when finished. How 'bout this crazy early winter we are having. We got our first snow flurry in September, unbelievable!

very nice indeed. Bluenose and Bluenose II seem popular with model kit companies - is the Model Shipway one the best (detail, quality of parts, etc)?
Thank you. I think Bluenose is made by a number of companies for a couple of reasons: it looks great with all of its sails set; it is relatively easy, but gives the newer modeler a chance to try a number of different modeling techniques, like planking the deck, planking the hull, making masts and sails. Yet at the same time since it is a schooner with only fore and aft sails, its rigging Is not as difficult as tall ships with square sails. As for the quality of Model Shipways over other companies, I am not sure I know. My Bluenose is MS as is Fair American, which is my current model. I found that with both models it is fun to "kit bash" (or modify) certain elements to enhance the looks, proved more realism, etc. Ji,

Getting setup to start model ship way blue nose. This is my third model from them and have few problems. Looking forward to a source of info when I do.
Hallo @Zeph
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back