ZHL. SAN FELIPE

I bought this kit through Amazon and was so happy receive to get the two big box’s . The first problem I had was that ther was almost no English including the parts list. I figured I would build it based on the photos. Then I discover parts where missing so I called the seller to get the English instructions and the missing parts. I was shocked to find out he would not help me and said I had to contact the kit manufacturer in China. I felt that he should take more interest in my problem.

I contacted Amazon and they said just send it back for a full refund. I explained that I had already built the frame so they said just to break it down and send it back. Well, being all glued up it suffices to say that this was not a pretty picture when done. If you receive this kit with mostly Chinese instructions send it right back.

I was so sorry to have to do this, having trembling hands and bad eye sight the size of this kit would make it much easier to complete for me.

The instructions are terrible, the parts are very nice. I could not find any forum that built this kit to completion.
\

I had look at the kit a couple of times. There is nothing wrong with the quality of the materials. This kit is a enhanced copy of the Mantua/Panart kit. However, the San Felipe is a fictional model of a generic first-rate Spanish Ship.
San Felipe is probably an early 18th century first rate named Real Felipe. It makes for interesting research.

Bill

Last edited:
I bought this kit through Amazon and was so happy receive to get the two big box’s . The first problem I had was that ther was almost no English including the parts list. I figured I would build it based on the photos. Then I discover parts where missing so I called the seller to get the English instructions and the missing parts. I was shocked to find out he would not help me and said I had to contact the kit manufacturer in China. I felt that he should take more interest in my problem.

I contacted Amazon and they said just send it back for a full refund. I explained that I had already built the frame so they said just to break it down and send it back. Well, being all glued up it suffices to say that this was not a pretty picture when done. If you receive this kit with mostly Chinese instructions send it right back.

I was so sorry to have to do this, having trembling hands and bad eye sight the size of this kit would make it much easier to complete for me.
Bad eyesight and trembling hands have done that to me as well. Good luck!

Bill

The cd is exactly the same as the manual. I have scratched this build and starting on the black pearl.

Back