New design 1/160 HMS ENTERPRISE 1774 Stern section

Hi Sam- is this the final rendering of the wooden model only.
Because I noticed the finished cannons are missing.
BTW, very nice work getting all the parts of the cannon and carriage look in proportion to its scale.
I currently have the Druid 1:128 section kits in a build log in this forum and would really like to add to that collection with the Enterprize (or is it Enterprise) kit.
Will English instructions be included?
Hi JohnA,

Cannons are included in the kit. The update I released the other day turned out to be not the final product. Sorry I misunderstood, because I saw that the unicorn model group has started to register for the kit. So I thought they had already verified it.

The barrels of the Cannon can be retailed, but the carts are not retailed, so you have to make the carts yourself.

Sam

Hi Sam,
the kit is very nice and interesting but is it possible to make it also on a larger scale? Maybe in 1:48?
because for me it is to small.

Hi Sam,
the kit is very nice and interesting but is it possible to make it also on a larger scale? Maybe in 1:48?
because for me it is to small.
As far as I know, CAF has already launched a large-scale kit, and the unicorn model may not launch a similar kit. Such vicious competition is not good. Unless... they are not friends.

This is a well-made model and sounds to be a great kit, Sam. Many thanks for the introduction. What skill level this kit is designed for? Do the finished model depicts all parts included in the kit, like gun barrels, gun carriages parts? Where this model available for purchase?

This is a well-made model and sounds to be a great kit, Sam. Many thanks for the introduction. What skill level this kit is designed for? Do the finished model depicts all parts included in the kit, like gun barrels, gun carriages parts? Where this model available for purchase?
Hello Jimsky!
Pre-sale registration of Unicorn Models started a month ago. Pre-sale has just started today. I bought two for myself. According to the developer of the Unicorn Model: the kit has included all the accessories in the renderings. I will be able to get it in a month, I will take some details for you when I got them.
As I know, pre-sale is only in China . The owner of the Unicorn Model should also be a member of SOS. You can try to search for his name (Unicorn Model).
As for what level does this model belong to? I do not quite understand what you mean. Maybe it's because I don't understand the grading standard of the model, sorry.

The following is a pre-sale purchase link, but only open to registered buyers.

Hello Jimsky!
Pre-sale registration of Unicorn Models started a month ago. Pre-sale has just started today. I bought two for myself. According to the developer of the Unicorn Model: the kit has included all the accessories in the renderings. I will be able to get it in a month, I will take some details for you when I got them.
As I know, pre-sale is only in China . The owner of the Unicorn Model should also be a member of SOS. You can try to search for his name (Unicorn Model).
As for what level does this model belong to? I do not quite understand what you mean. Maybe it's because I don't understand the grading standard of the model, sorry.

The following is a pre-sale purchase link, but only open to registered buyers.
Wow!! $45 Us the price

Hello Jimsky!
Thanks for the prompt response, Sam. Sorry for the confusion, what I mean is that this model design for beginner, intermediate, or advanced skill level?

Thanks for the prompt response, Sam. Sorry for the confusion, what I mean is that this model design for beginner, intermediate, or advanced skill level?
You are welcome!
I think this model design for intermediate skill level.
Because it is obviously more difficult than making the Druid section kit. At the same time, it simplifies many details compared to the large-scale model.

The Unicorn 1:160 Stern section of HMS Enterprise is a really beautiful model, highly detailed and masterfully executed (according to the pics).
I am building the 1:48 HMS Enterprise by CAF, which is a great kit, and lots of fun to build. It is a large admiralty-style model (about 85cm from bow to stern); However, it is not nearly as detailed as the 1:160 Unicorn kit, and the structure is quite different. It is obvious to me that Unicorn did not copy the CAF plans as the construction and details are completely different. I agree that a 1:48 HMS Enterprise full model with the same level of structural detailing as the 1:160 section would be fantastic, but very difficult to design, and expensive to make. It would take years to build.........There is the challenge: who is going to design and make it ? Tom .....
Alex R

I am positive surprised how many different timber sheets are included in this kit - looking very good

I am positive surprised how many different timber sheets are included in this kit - looking very good
The kit has two versions, one is pear wood and the other is boxwood. Then the common part is: the outer bracket of the splint. The floor may be another dark wood (It may be Sapele.).

Back