1/200 Trumpeter Bismark by Criplr702

Looks really great...Was the photo etch from the kit or was it an add on.....and if so who provided the photo etch. Also did you build straight from the box.

I used the Pontos deluxe photo etch kit with wooded deck. Still have more to do, but it's mainly finished. I am getting ready to retire and move, so building is limited until I get into the new house. I have Arizona, Missouri, Yorktown, Enterprise and Titanic at the ready to keep me busy for the next few years.

Very nice! (I have one myself, but not as detailed.) It seems thought you have missed something. To be historically accurate you would have to add two (fore and aft) of that certain sign.
To be clear, this is what she looks nowadays:
Bismarck_illustration.png

Yes, I still have a few things to paint. I have the decals to put on the front and back or I may paint them. I also need to put white "wave" spots on each side, fore and aft, other decals and rigging. Then I'll shoot it all with pledge.

Excellent work. As with any large endeavor you always see more to do. In your estimation was the expense for the Pontos kit worth the monies? There are so many variation(s) I would like to see what your opinion to another modeler would be. And can you give the Pontos kit number? I am experienced kit builder, and am familiar with PE.
Thanks in advanced. Again great Job! Hopefully, mine will be as good as yours.
Danny

I would say to me it was worth the extra money. This was my first large ship build and my first attempt with photo etch, so I left it all unpainted to show how much extra detail it provided from what the kit had. I honestly probably used about half of what came with the Pontos kit. Some was from the kit provided photo etch also. Still alot more of it could have been put into the model, but my time was limited and so were my patients, at times :) I believe the Pontos kit # is: 23001F2 ver 2 with wooden deck.

I would say to me it was worth the extra money. This was my first large ship build and my first attempt with photo etch, so I left it all unpainted to show how much extra detail it provided from what the kit had. I honestly probably used about half of what came with the Pontos kit. Some was from the kit provided photo etch also. Still alot more of it could have been put into the model, but my time was limited and so were my patients, at times :) I believe the Pontos kit # is: 23001F2 ver 2 with wooden deck.
Thanks so much. I suppose it may be the best answer, Oontos that is. The MK kit is just too pricey. Thanks do much for your reply. I'll keep you updated if you'd like.
DH.

I'm almost finished with her. This is my first encounter with building something like this. I've never touched an airbrush or photo etch before doing this. Thank god for youtube and sites like this.
Hallo @Criplr702
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

very nicely done! it looks great:) got this in my stash along with the Arizona, hood and Mikasa

Back