18 Inch Sharpie Practicum

Some of you may remember my build log on building the 18 Inch Sharpie. Doc Blake and I got together and have developed this practicum for building a model of it. It is jammed packed with photos and instructions. Here are some photos of the completed models built from the practicum:

Hope you like the model and instructions for building it. If you build it, let us see you completed model. Be sure and post any questions you may have.

1615740888330.png

1615740942913.png

1615740982968.png
1615741007720.png

Attachments

• 18 Inch Sharpie 3-14-1.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 167
Awesome! I really like doing these type builds as a welcome break from the complexity of three masted double deckers with eight thousand rat line knots! :) Thanks!

Bill: looking at the plans, both of the scale model and the original, I make the bevel angle between the transom and the sides at about 15-20 degrees. Is that correct? Can you check on your model with a protractor? Thanks!

Some of you may remember my build log on building the 18 Inch Sharpie. Doc Blake and I got together and have developed this practicum for building a model of it. It is jammed packed with photos and instructions. Here are some photos of the completed models built from the practicum:

Hope you like the model and instructions for building it. If you build it, let us see you completed model. Be sure and post any questions you may have.

View attachment 220751

View attachment 220752

View attachment 220753
View attachment 220754
Well done practicum for this Sharpie. Thanks for your joint time. Rich

Bill: looking at the plans, both of the scale model and the original, I make the bevel angle between the transom and the sides at about 15-20 degrees. Is that correct? Can you check on your model with a protractor? Thanks!
Doc,
My first model is right on 15 degrees and the second is somewhere around 13 degrees. Does that help?

Bill...

Seems like a labour of love. A good "in between" project or something for a not-so newbie

Seems like a labour of love. A good "in between" project or something for a not-so newbie
Another learning/practice type can be found in the strip canoe group for the 19 and 17 inch strip canoes which were my starting point in learning how to lay down those strips and close them off on the bottom which was needed for my Bluenose deck planking. I did both sizes and benefited greatly. Just an idea. Rich (PT-2)

Back