Piroscaf 28-foot Steam Cutter (1876) in scale 1:24 by Piroscaf Scale Models

Hello, Don. Thermoforming is to use a heat while form (bend or twist) the planks. Russians are happily use cloth or soldering iron to apply heat. It is two step process:
- wet\soak the planks in the water,
- while the planks are wet apply heat (iron) to form

Nazdrovia! Is the complete model (with engine parts) available in kit form with English instructions at this time? If so, what is the cost and estimated shipping cost to the US?

View attachment 165181
Nazdrovia! Is the complete model (with engine parts) available in kit form with English instructions at this time? If so, what is the cost and estimated shipping cost to the US?
The instructions are ready.
Concerning delivery: transport companies do not give exact data on delivery times because of the pandemic and the reduction of flights.
We want to discuss test shipments with you in order to find out the actual delivery time.

We are ready to deliver 5 kits, 200$ each plus the cost of delivery. It will be great if find people from different countries and continents to understand how long the delivery will take.
After paying by PayPal, we send the kits via EMS to the buyers ' address.
We can use track numbers to find out the delivery time.
Anyone interested in participating in the experiment?

Thanks for the response! If I provide you with my address would you be able to get an estimate of the shipping cost? Also is payment in US dollars if we use PayPal? Hopefully there would be no customs charges applied in the departing (Russia) or receiving (US) countries.

Looks like at least three of us (all in US) are ready to order once the details can be clarified to the best of your ability during these uncertain pandemic days. Shipping details may be easier to get information about since all three orders would be going to the US. We trust you will do your best!!

It does look like a lovely model and certainly an elegant design, my concern is that it is probably designed to be only a static model and not intended to sail whether by steam or electric motors as there appears to be a certain amount of MDF in the fabrication. MDF and water don’t mix too well I would certainly buy a kit if it could be made waterproof if not just for the elegant interior
Best
Tony

We are ready to deliver 5 kits, 200$ each plus the cost of delivery. It will be great if find people from different countries and continents to understand how long the delivery will take.
Anyone interested in participating in the experiment?
WOW - Very good offer and it seems, that after only 12 hours the "experiment" is running well
In moment the following members mentioned there participation:
@rpedersen (USA)
@donfarr (USA)
@KentM (USA)
@Rossc83 (Australia)
@Jimsky (USA)
@Tony W - maybe (Australia)

So it seems, that 5 kits will be not enough ;)

It seems, that you need also one or two from Europe, or? Only to get the necessary information about postage
So therefore I offer myself to participate.......

Back