For without honor no one can stand
and all is as sinking sand.

I am a soldier.
I am strongest when I kneel
Knelt in humble prayer
before an almighty and everlasting God

I am a soldier.

Amen ! That is GREAT !!!
Every now and again I get just a little boastful with the look at me's. and I have to remind myself of what will actually be judged. nearly everything in this world that we leave behind may be wood, hay and stubble. It's the legacy of of mark we leave on others that will remain. What we have done in His name.

I am a Soldier and I approve of this message. When I came home I had a hard time coming to grips with the duties I performed as a soldier. Mostly How will the Lord Judge me in the end. Thou Shall Not Kill reverberating in my head. Your words are in line with what my Pastor told me. My Military time was a job like any other there are tasks that aren't great right along side those that are. I felt ok about it after that because he's right, but just incase I ask the lord for forgiveness all the same. It was nice to reflect back on that from your Writing Thank You Brother.

I am a Soldier and I approve of this message. When I came home I had a hard time coming to grips with the duties I performed as a soldier. Mostly How will the Lord Judge me in the end. Thou Shall Not Kill reverberating in my head. Your words are in line with what my Pastor told me. My Military time was a job like any other there are tasks that aren't great right along side those that are. I felt ok about it after that because he's right, but just incase I ask the lord for forgiveness all the same. It was nice to reflect back on that from your Writing Thank You Brother.
Sempre Fi ...

I stumbled across this ...
This is s very sad, but it is very important that we all remember the sacrifice that our men and women made to keep us safe.
Also that's a great poem and they both echo the same point. Well done.
Bless them all
Greg

What's really sad Is My fellow Vets Homeless in the Streets of America. Go off to fight a war and come home to no help from the Government to save your home, secure your Job or help with PTSD. The VA Hospitals are the worst. I'm so glad I have insurance through work so I Don't have to use that crap. They have been thrown away and I cant begin to tell you how angry this makes me. I'll leave off here Because the though of it makes me want to use some seriously Foul language.

I don't suppose there are many who got off scott free. I volunteered for the Falklands in 1982, and was there for 13 months, but on returning unscathed, was often made to feel guilty because I didn't get killed or injured (not by other servicemen & women, but by civilians who didn't go at all). It has taken over 30 years for the guilty feelings to wear off! I since learned that "survivors guilt" is fairly widespread. It didn't seriously affect me, but just made me think "why did I bother."
Bob

Last edited:
At 80 years old I TOO AM A VET, NO SERVICE OVERSEAS,but 7 years ARMY and reserves, A SOLIDER OF GOD AND I GLADLY WOULD DO IT AGAIN, AS MY FATHER BEFORE ME ALSO SERVED(WWII, LOST IN BURMA FOR A WEEK, WALTOBOROUGH SC HOSPITAL FOR A YEAR, LATTER IN LIFE PTSD WAS APPARENT IT WAS BEFORE PTSD WAS PTSD) YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE VA HE WENT THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES, disaster it was THEN AS WELL AS NOW, as well as when GENL. BRADLEY TRIED TO STRAIGHTEN IT OUT for 2 years no good results same CRAP then as now, WE LOST A GREAT ONE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO A GIANT HE WAS(WE WILL NOT SEE HIS LIKES FOR A LONG TIME< NOW SERVING IN GODS ARMY OF ANGELS FIGHTING SATAN AND ALL HI EVIL, RIP JOHN McCAIN,,,,,IN WAR PEOPLE PRAY TO GOD AND THE SOLIDER< WHEN OVER GOD IS FORGOT AS WELL AS THE SOLIDER. Don

I don't suppose there are many who got off scott free. I volunteered for the Falklands in 1982, and was there for 13 months, but on returning unscathed, was often made to feel guilty because I didn't get killed or injured (not by other servicemen & women, but by civilians who didn't go at all). It has taken over 30 years for the guilty feelings to wear off! I since learned that "survivors guilt" is fairly widespread. It didn't seriously affect me, but just made me think "why did I bother."
Bob
I understand what you are feeling. I was shooting up the skies over Israel protecting the no fly zone there in an F-14 and I'm still here others, including my RIO were not.

At 80 years old I TOO AM A VET, NO SERVICE OVERSEAS,but 7 years ARMY and reserves, A SOLIDER OF GOD AND I GLADLY WOULD DO IT AGAIN, AS MY FATHER BEFORE ME ALSO SERVED(WWII, LOST IN BURMA FOR A WEEK, WALTOBOROUGH SC HOSPITAL FOR A YEAR, LATTER IN LIFE PTSD WAS APPARENT IT WAS BEFORE PTSD WAS PTSD) YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE VA HE WENT THERE A COUPLE OF TIMES, disaster it was THEN AS WELL AS NOW, as well as when GENL. BRADLEY TRIED TO STRAIGHTEN IT OUT for 2 years no good results same CRAP then as now, WE LOST A GREAT ONE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO A GIANT HE WAS(WE WILL NOT SEE HIS LIKES FOR A LONG TIME< NOW SERVING IN GODS ARMY OF ANGELS FIGHTING SATAN AND ALL HI EVIL, RIP JOHN McCAIN,,,,,IN WAR PEOPLE PRAY TO GOD AND THE SOLIDER< WHEN OVER GOD IS FORGOT AS WELL AS THE SOLIDER. Don
So Right you are about that. I served 8 Years in the USMC 2 deployments to foreign land. Fellow troops on the ride to deployment engaged in Prayer --God please let me come back, keep me safe an alive so I can see my Family again. Return trip home not one mention of Thanks to God. Get home only to be abandoned and given the worst care possible by the same Uncle Sam we wrote that Blank check to with possible payment "our Life" Would I do it again YEP I believe in why I served and I served to save my life. the Corp made a man out of me and It opened my eyes to the real world we live in and what we take for granted even minute of ever day in this country. I had no hard times getting back into the real world as a civi. I had work waiting, I had a home waiting. I learned from Vietnam Vets what to expect in help so I set in motion my own return to civilian life by securing a job in my last year of service. I already knew that medical care would be worse then Welfare so I didn't seek any. The Poor soldiers of today went off blind full of rage from 911 and now many are homeless, jobless and receiving medical care not fit for an animal. while our government hands out billions in money and health care to illegal immigrants who hate this country and what it stands for. Don't get me wrong I have no issue with people coming here so long as they do it right and help contribute rather then drain our economy. and p^ss on the very soil this nation sits on. Rant over

Bob[/QUOTE

AMEN..........

Because you CARED, this is what is known as SERVICE TO YOUR COUNTRY, GOD BLESS THE WARRIORS OF TODAY AND THERE SACRIFICES. Don
Ther are those who wish to serve and for many reasons cannot ... there many other options besides the military to serve ... those of us who have served should not discount those options or others reasons. Ergo the first part of the poem.

(1965-1966)

One Soldier's Return

There were no crowds at the airport with smiles and cheers

Just onlookers with leers and jeers.

The uniform he wore was viewed with distain

Some laughed and called him names.

Others were more chilling

Accusing him of baby killing.

What had changed in the year he was gone

To make his uniform a thing of scorn.

He had sworn an oath to serve, do his duty and honor his countries name.

He knew that thousands before and thousands after would do the same.

He knew the freedom he had defended

allowed these voices that offended.

Attachments

• 1541690029270.png
    1541690029270.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Back