ABSOLUTE FATIGUE SYNDROME

Hi to all, as I have been busy building HANNA POF may-be you have noticed my build logs have not appeared, for many years I have suffered from
fatigue now I feel so ill it has become almost impossible for me to go into my workshop. My GP says that this is something I must bear, to any-one involved in our wonderful
hobby then you will know how I feel, somehow I hope I can start up again but in the meantime I will carry on just looking at Ships of Scale.
My dearest wishes to you all. JANET

Hi to all, as I have been busy building HANNA POF may-be you have noticed my build logs have not appeared, for many years I have suffered from
fatigue now I feel so ill it has become almost impossible for me to go into my workshop. My GP says that this is something I must bear, to any-one involved in our wonderful
hobby then you will know how I feel, somehow I hope I can start up again but in the meantime I will carry on just looking at Ships of Scale.
The frustration of not being able to continue with your project must be very distressing. Hopefully keeping on following other builds on SOS will re-energize you and overcome your fatigue. Please keep in touch with this wonderful forum.

Hi Janet,

I can well understand how you feel. My partner has been suffering mild chronic fatigue syndrome (I assume this is the same as your absolute fatigue syndrome) for some time, and it really intensified late last year after a shoulder operation. She gets hayfever, suffers from headaches and migraines, and reacts to insect bites, all histamine related, and on questioning the anaesthetist after her operation, we found out that the anaesthetic used caused the release of large amounts of histamines in her body. And the CFS hit hard and she was sleeping most of the day and night for weeks.

There is a tenuous link between histamine intolerance and CFS, so after much research on the net and visits to doctors (not all useful), she decided to go onto a low histamine diet which is challenging to say the least, and after a couple of months, the CFS is no longer a major problem.

If you react to insect bites, get hayfever or react to histamines in any other way, then this could be contributing to your AFS. My partner suggests you check out these two on the net (they helped her) as they may give you some insights into your AFS - Dr Ben Lynch and Dr Becky Campbell, both of whom have similar problems.

Your GP simply saying get used to it is not helpful. We had a similar problem and had to look around for a doctor who takes a more intergrating/holistic approach to this problem.

Best wishes
Richard

So sorry to hear you're not well, Janet.
My wife Ann has suffered for about thirty years with complete body chronic pain, so we know exactly how you fare with the medical profession.
Keep fighting!

Ted

I hope you will keep us updated.

Hallo @JANET ,
we are all with you and wish you all the BEST
especially today when you can celebrate your special day
All the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Keep care my friend
Birthday-Cake

i have a disease that causes similar problems, called myasthenia gravis,basically my immune system is destroying my muscle receptors, wich leaves very little neuro transmitter chemicals causing chronic fatigur, stopped all the muscles in my body, even had the paddles out to restart my heart, brain unaffected. thank goodness for the NHS would have cost thousands otherwise. twenty weeks in hospital and a year on still suffering, am on benefits, which keep me affloat, but as you can guess its not very good for mood control

I am very sorry to hear all this news Andy. Please keep us updated.

i have a disease that causes similar problems, called myasthenia gravis,basically my immune system is destroying my muscle receptors, wich leaves very little neuro transmitter chemicals causing chronic fatigur, stopped all the muscles in my body, even had the paddles out to restart my heart, brain unaffected. thank goodness for the NHS would have cost thousands otherwise. twenty weeks in hospital and a year on still suffering, am on benefits, which keep me affloat, but as you can guess its not very good for mood control
I am, with you, Andy, as my mom has the same disease. She was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis ocular in 2016. She just returned from the hospital and was treated with plasmapheresis and IVIG infusions.

I can relate to your challenges. I am 75 and am returning to modeling after 60+ years. I fight fatigue daily and nap daily.
I have heart, spine and hip surgeries in recent years, and am having another operation later this summer. I am working on two projects with little progress, largely due to my poor air brushing skills. All we can do is our best. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I find it comforting to know I am not alone.

I am, with you, Andy, as my mom has the same disease. She was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis ocular in 2016. She just returned from the hospital and was treated with plasmapheresis and IVIG infusions.
i had an extreme immune response when they tried iv so am taking mycophenolate Mofetil and pyridostigmine, was on 50 mg of sterriods for about a year, just stopped and am now having trouble with my body recovering

Good luck to you Janet, and best wishes for a recovery. I can relate somewhat after developing Chronic Fatigue with Long COVID. I hope you can return to your hobby soon. Take care.

Back