Aft Magazine Section - 1/32 Scale

Hi Kurt!

The filling room had a lead-lined floor to prevent sparks (... which would result in a very bad day!) Immediately aft would be a bulkhead with glass windows. The light room had a lantern in it to work by and had a vestibule with a separate entrance from the filling room and powder room. The light room was strictly isolated from anywhere there might be gunpowder.

magazine.jpg

It is great to learn these little bits of ship history and operations. I think this would make a great group build and teach others how things worked inside of sailing ships that are never seen in most models.

How does one find the plans for this build. You mentions they came from someone on another website.

The plans were drawn by Jeff Staudt, who has done a number of very nice projects. Here's a link to the plans. Free to use for non-commercial purposes.

Attachments

• AFTMagazineSectionModel.pdf
    765.3 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for plans, they help me to follow on with your build much better. Maybe when I get caught up on other builds I will attempt something like this.

HI DOC, INTERESTED TO SEE THIS ONE FROM YOU I HAVE STARTED THIS QUITE SOME TIME AGO, AND AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS AT DOING THE PART THAT YOU SHOWED HAVE PUT IT ASIDE BUT WITH THE INTENTION TO FINISH IT SO YOUR EXPERTISE WILL BE VERY HELPFUL. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Doc, how many projects do you keep in work, I have 4 now with canoe, and think that is two to many! I need to get to work and finish one or two before starting something new.

I have a problem of getting excited and starting new work, then hit a snag and put it on hold for awhile and often start a new tasking. I have to stop this, no room for all the in work kits.

Just wondering if I am the only one with this bad habit?

Back