AHOY

Chief, WarrLight has the 2019 version so that might help you in your build. Once your kit is shipped you should get it within 8 days.
WOW! I got my kit 8 days after I ordered. Totally unprepared for how fast it was shipped. Didn't have a chance to clean off my work station (dining room table) from my last project.

Reactions: Jay
I can certainly understand about technology and things getting expensive. May I suggest a simple point and shoot camera? I never use a phone to take images of my ships. Just way too much trouble. Believe me. When you take a pic using a real camera, then all you have to do is load the images from the camera to your computer (saved on a folder). With a phone - once you take that picture, then you have to use the same phone to get online and figure out how to upload the pic you took to the SOS site. Basic Point and shoot camera like a Canon are not that expensive. A LOT less than phone will ever be and more versatile.
For instance PowerShot ELPH 190 IS is only about $179. The next step up is about $250
My wife put it on my Christmas list. Saved me a lot of money not getting a "smart" phone. Really appreciate the advice.

In the meantime, take a look at an article that I wrote here (in PDF)

Welcome aboard, Chief. And, thank you for your service. I was on minesweepers out of Charleston, SC in the late 70's.

I am a retired Master Chief Petty Officer, USN, retired. I have been building plank on frame square riggers for almost 40 years, I have also repaired sailing ships in bars in up and down San Pedro Ca. left there by merchant marines over the years. I have taken a break and was into O scale framed wooden structures for model railroading until the wind jammer bug bit me. I am waiting on the Black Pearl from ZHL to arrive and thru internet searches discovered the builds on this website. I am sure the builders going before me will be able to provide insights on what they are experiencing on their builds to help me on my quest.
MCPO Ralph
Hallo @MCPO Ralph
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I am a retired Master Chief Petty Officer, USN, retired. I have been building plank on frame square riggers for almost 40 years, I have also repaired sailing ships in bars in up and down San Pedro Ca. left there by merchant marines over the years. I have taken a break and was into O scale framed wooden structures for model railroading until the wind jammer bug bit me. I am waiting on the Black Pearl from ZHL to arrive and thru internet searches discovered the builds on this website. I am sure the builders going before me will be able to provide insights on what they are experiencing on their builds to help me on my quest.
MCPO Ralph
Hallo @MCPO Ralph
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @MCPO Ralph
Birthday-Cake
Thank you, thank you very much. Had to take a break on the Black Pearl, had both knee's replaced, that was not fun at all. Hips are going to be next so the Black Pearl is going in dry dock and I'm going to finish the Scottish Maid I started back in '88.

MCPO Ralph
Hallo @MCPO Ralph
Birthday-Cake

Back