Amerigo Vespucci, Panart 1:84 scale

Ken i am thinking of building this ship. can you tell me if sails came with the kit.

thanks
Hi David, First I apologise for not answering you sooner, a lot on my mind. Yes my kit came with ready made sails, I didn’t use them though. My kit was quite an old one, better and more comprehensive than the newer ones that don't have the brass sheet as well as many other things etc, I think that they are now made to cost less to produce so I wouldn’t know about the sails being in the current kits you would need to check.

Last edited:
Good morning Ken. I just been through your log. I started “ liking” your work and decided that rather you receive a hundred likes I would comment here. Great log BTW. Beautiful and well made Amerigo Vespucci. Congratulations.

Reactions: Ken
Good morning Ken. I just been through your log. I started “ liking” your work and decided that rather you receive a hundred likes I would comment here. Great log BTW. Beautiful and well made Amerigo Vespucci. Congratulations.
Hi Grant, I'm pleased that you enjoyed my Vespucci log and thanks very much for your very kind and complimentry comments.

Hello again. I've been working on the running gear now that I have the complete set. I've almost finished one side and to my amazement it all functions. I say to my amazement because as I have come to expect from this kit the instructions were very confusing to say the least, it is a complicated set up and I found that the box art was sometimes more helpful, again a diagram would have been much better. There were a lot of cast pieces many were almost identical, perhaps just slight differences in the diameter of their holes and other than the photos there was no way to identify them, I was constantly having to remove and re build to get them right, a frustrating part of the build, a pity because the cast parts were excellent.

137.jpg

Hi Ken,

It looks like that this build will not float as good as your previous build. Very nice work which kit is it Aster, Regner or Roundhouse?

Hi Ken,

hello to a fellow Wirralonian! I Just looked through your log of the Amarigo - fantastic job, very detailed work and finish. It would look quite at home in the Maritime Museum across the water!

I hope you do another model and I will look forward to following your log. I also like your steam loco, I have one to do myself, but it will be awhile before I will find time to start that as I have one ship on the go and another waiting in the wings ( I expect they will take me a long time to finish as I am not a fast builder!)

Ken
I picked up a second hand kit of the Amerigo Vespucci, 1:84 Panart. The previous owner had just started planking the sides (3 planks on one side). I am in the process of backing up his build to follow along with your build. I am missing sheets 3 & 4 of the instructions. Any chance you may have a picture of those sheets? I've really admired your build and hope I can come close to your example.

Thank you
Gary

Ken
I picked up a second hand kit of the Amerigo Vespucci, 1:84 Panart. The previous owner had just started planking the sides (3 planks on one side). I am in the process of backing up his build to follow along with your build. I am missing sheets 3 & 4 of the instructions. Any chance you may have a picture of those sheets? I've really admired your build and hope I can come close to your example.

Thank you
Gary
Hi Gary
I am in the process of building the Panart Amerigo Vespucci (see my build log)
However, I am not at home right now (vising my kids in the US) and don't have the instructions with me
I'll be back in France on Feb 21st and can send you the documentation you are looking for if you can't get it before that.
I also found a place (HERE) where the instructions are available. Not ideal in terms of reading but feasible though.
Let me know if this helps.
Will you create a build log? We are probably at the same stage in terms of progress (I have started the first 4-5 planks before leaving for the US)
Enjoy your build.

Gilbert
Thank you for the link and the information. I have been trying to link the instruction book and the drawing sheets (all in Italian)I have here. I will take you up on a picture of sheet 3 & 4 if I could. I have taken some pictures of work so far, but I'm not sure if my build would be of the quality for a build log.

Thanks once again
Gary

I would think that all ship models would be of "build" quality. Best way to find out what is right or wrong with a model. It helps people new to the hobby and all the old guys just love to give you the benefit of their experience. Please do post your model. Pete

Back