Anatomy of a ship

Wow, the price of these books have gone through the roof. They are also getting harder to find for me. Does anyone know of a decent copy of HMS Alert that I could get? I am expecting the ship kit to ship soon.
Thanks

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I was extremely lucky, it seems. I was able to pick up a copy in English in good condition for 60 € in Sweden. The only copy of this book the book seller had.
When new back in 1991 it retailed in the UK for 20 GBP. What an investment that would have been !
I am still wondering why the AOTS books are so expensive! Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Best regards,
Trevor.

I was extremely lucky, it seems. I was able to pick up a copy in English in good condition for 60 € in Sweden. The only copy of this book the book seller had.
When new back in 1991 it retailed in the UK for 20 GBP. What an investment that would have been !$
I am still wondering why the AOTS books are so expensive! Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Best regards,
Trevor.
Peter offered me a copy about '91. That was before I started building so I couldn't see why I would want one!!! When I did want one it cost $180 plus shipping from the States! I think Conway might be considering another print run , at least that's what Mrs Goodwin said??

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Part of it could be us (SOS) since we advertise the kit and the book on our forum. Most software working on demand, if they see there is demand for the book, the price is raised. Also, I don't think the book re-published again since the last publication.