Anatomy of a ship

Wow, the price of these books have gone through the roof. They are also getting harder to find for me. Does anyone know of a decent copy of HMS Alert that I could get? I am expecting the ship kit to ship soon.
Thanks

I was extremely lucky, it seems. I was able to pick up a copy in English in good condition for 60 € in Sweden. The only copy of this book the book seller had.
When new back in 1991 it retailed in the UK for 20 GBP. What an investment that would have been !
I am still wondering why the AOTS books are so expensive! Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Best regards,
Trevor.

I was extremely lucky, it seems. I was able to pick up a copy in English in good condition for 60 € in Sweden. The only copy of this book the book seller had.
When new back in 1991 it retailed in the UK for 20 GBP. What an investment that would have been !$
I am still wondering why the AOTS books are so expensive! Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

Best regards,
Trevor.
Peter offered me a copy about '91. That was before I started building so I couldn't see why I would want one!!! When I did want one it cost $180 plus shipping from the States! I think Conway might be considering another print run , at least that's what Mrs Goodwin said??

Part of it could be us (SOS) since we advertise the kit and the book on our forum. Most software working on demand, if they see there is demand for the book, the price is raised. Also, I don't think the book re-published again since the last publication.

If you can't buy the book anymore why doesn't someone who has the book copy it off and sell the copies to the members here who have purchased the kit for the group build? That would only be a couple of copies unless I missed a few people.

If you can't buy the book anymore why doesn't someone who has the book copy it off and sell the copies to the members here who have purchased the kit for the group build? That would only be a couple of copies unless I missed a few people.
Why? Because this would be considered a copyright violation. You cannot simply copy and sell the copies without the author's permission.

IMG_2622.jpeg

Just a tip: if one is looking for an AOTS, which agreeably can be difficult to find, one could try the numerous second hand book sites on the Web. That is how I acquired my AOTS for the Endeavour and for the Alert. I found the Alert in an online bookshop in Sweden, near where we have our summer house.
Successful hunting.
Trevor

Peter's not too keen on having his copyright stolen. Shipyard produced their card kit without any permission. Peter contacted them advising that they at least include an acknowledgement but all he got in return was a threat from their legal representative!! He is aware that his books are in demand but what Conway do is not up to him. He might just be open to the idea if you contact him directly and plead your case. I can't do this on your behalf, he will just advise direct contact.

Wow, the price of these books have gone through the roof. They are also getting harder to find for me. Does anyone know of a decent copy of HMS Alert that I could get? I am expecting the ship kit to ship soon.
Thanks
Hi.
I downloaded a copy from this site: The link was removed by Administration due to copyright infringement, swapped it for a recipe for biscuits!

Cheers JJ..

Hi.
I downloaded a copy from this site ,swapped it for a recipe for biscuits!

Cheers JJ..
Scribd illegally ignores copyright unless there is a direct complaint, then the content will be removed to avoid legal repercussions. ie, They are guilty of copyright theft.

What if they weren't sold, but given away? Still a violation considering th book is no longer in print? Just wondering - I'm an engineer, not a lawyer.......
See Post #10 "Reproduced in any manner"

What if they weren't sold, but given away? Still a violation considering th book is no longer in print? Just wondering - I'm an engineer, not a lawyer.......
You can give away your own copy, but not make copies of your book and give\sale it away. BTW, Phil, I am also an engineer and not lawyer :cool:

BTW: In the meantime the book is now once more more often available on the used book market
- more offers is resulting in a more reasonable price, in moment around 80 Euros

Ok, the Antomy book of the Granado is cheaper ........ maybe .....

Back