Ancre books and plans - Bonhomme Richard

correct - That's why I find it weird there is no option to buy a second set on the Ancre website - other then in a different scale.

Hey - Like said I'm preparing to start with the Bonhomme Richard 1779 - and although I received the plans via email it doesn't feel right.
So I want to purchase the book and plans from Ancre. But I have a question before I make the purchase.

Are the plans which are included with the book 1:48 scale -printed on sheets or is it some sort of foldout attached to the book. I hope it's not the latter.

What if I wanted more than one copy of the drawings - so I can cut one set and use them while sawing - do I then need to purchase two books? Or can I purchase them separately.
Or am I allowed to go to my local copy shop and make copies for personal use since I am the owner of the drawings I already purchased.

Thanks
The Ancre Bon Hpmme Richarde plans are at scale 1/48 and are loose in a separate binder. I copy ancre plans on a copier and glue the pieces together with Elmers washable school glue. Saves a fortune since I use copies by the pound. Do not ever cut up the ancre plans (they are too valuable). All ancre plans are separate. Some are 10 times the size of the books. You can go to Staples and get full size copies for about a dollar per square foot. Staples will also make copies at different scales if you want. You can buy plans at 1/48 and build at 1/72 for example. The ancre bhr model is extremely complicated. If you have not built a model this complicated at the professional level, and taken 5 years to do it, you might want to consider an easier ancre mode. La Belle, La Jacynthe, Le Coureur would fall into the simpler category. The ancre plans are superb and are great for details. Keep them as heirlooms.

That was quicker than I expected. I already received the book and drawings today.
When opening though I was rather disappointed. The book has several torn pages and flipped corners. Not what you hope to receive when you pay 150+ euro's.

Not a big deal as the book is still readable but like said for that kind of money you expect a clean copy

I already mailed Ancre - I'm guessing the will solve this correctly.

20210317_111429.jpg

20210317_111410.jpg

20210317_111447.jpg

That was quicker than I expected. I already received the book and drawings today.
When opening though I was rather disappointed. The book has several torn pages and flipped corners. Not what you hope to receive when you pay 150+ euro's.

Not a big deal as the book is still readable but like said for that kind of money you expect a clean copy

I already mailed Ancre - I'm guessing the will solve this correctly.

View attachment 221316

View attachment 221358

View attachment 221359
absolutely unusual for ancre - ancre deliver the books every time very safe packed, with every book wrapped in folio and additional softeners in the box - so I guess, that this seems to happened already in the print shop.

absolutely unusual for ancre - ancre deliver the books every time very safe packed, with every book wrapped in folio and additional softeners in the box - so I guess, that this seems to happened already in the print shop.
Most likely - the fold on the back could have been spotted though but we are all humans and we fortunately make mistakes. It's not about the mistakes we make but all about how we solve them correctly. By sending a new book this will hopefully bring me a clean copy soon.

I didn't realize it was such a big ship even at 1:48 scale it's huge - joy!
I actually only looked at the sizes mentioned on the Ancre website which are wrong i think.

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 16.02.47.png

measuring the hull on the drawings is well over a meter without masts and rigging.
The total rigged ship will be approximately 140cm instead of the mentioned 110.

I don't care, I even think it's better but am I wrong? or is the data on the Ancre website of a different scale version?

I didn't realize it was such a big ship even at 1:48 scale it's huge - joy!
I actually only looked at the sizes mentioned on the Ancre website which are wrong i think.

View attachment 221424

measuring the hull on the drawings is well over a meter without masts and rigging.
The total rigged ship will be approximately 140cm instead of the mentioned 110.

I don't care, I even think it's better but am I wrong? or is the data on the Ancre website of a different scale version?
ancre is offering the 1:36 monograph in addition, so not smaller, so I guess the given data are wrong -> she will be bigger
Usually in this shown table the dimensions of the 1:48 scale model are mentioned

Unbenannt.JPG

Did you see this wonderfull model built by our member @OlegM ?

yeah it seems the 46 meters of the gundeck would come closer to the dimensions of the drawings.
I'll inform Ancre so they can adjust their data.

Only downside is I have to rebuild the ship slip as it needs to be a tad larger lol
should have done my research better so it's mostly my fault.

But what's two days of work on a build that will probably take me 5 years to complete :)

Hallo @dedoo
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your preparation works for the Bonhomme Richard going?
Did you start the build already? Maybe you show your work in a building log......

Hey - Like said I'm preparing to start with the Bonhomme Richard 1779 - and although I received the plans via email it doesn't feel right.
So I want to purchase the book and plans from Ancre. But I have a question before I make the purchase.

Are the plans which are included with the book 1:48 scale -printed on sheets or is it some sort of foldout attached to the book. I hope it's not the latter.

What if I wanted more than one copy of the drawings - so I can cut one set and use them while sawing - do I then need to purchase two books? Or can I purchase them separately.
Or am I allowed to go to my local copy shop and make copies for personal use since I am the owner of the drawings I already purchased.

Thanks
Hallo @dedoo
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your project with the Bonhomme Richard going? I guess you finaly ordered the monograph

Back