Another HMS Victory Rigging Question

Hello Everyone,

In anticipation of your help thank you in advance. I am currently building a very detailed 1:87 Scale model of HMS Victory by Occre it is very detailed but somewhat let down by the size and quality of the rigging thread with only 3 sizes of thread for all the standing and running rigging. I have decided that I wish to upgrade the rigging with Ropes of Scale ropes and also amend the size of the lines for a more realistic effe ct with appropriate blocks to match.
Occre have provided the following rigging schematics and for those of you familiar with Victory and your own experience of its rigging I would like to ask if you believe the following drawings present a reasonable and accurate expectation of the ships rigging or if there are any glaring and obvious errors.
My intention is to create a table of the rigging using the Occre labels and provide the following info name actual rope size and 1:87 scale size this can then hopefully help future Victory builders with the rigging regardless of scale

Here are the very many Occre pages

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

I don't have the answer to your question, but I would recommend that you get the book on the Victory in the Anatomy of the Ship series. People on Ebay are nuts now, but I saw a few of them on the site for Abe Books in the $28 USD range that you might look into. It gives quite a bit of detail about the ship for such a small book.

Jeff

Maybe this post by HIS Model alias @BRadek is helping

and scroll through the complete topic

Longridge's book "Anatomy of Nelson's Ships" describes each rig in great detail, indicating its actual size. You need to read carefully and convert to 87 scale

Back