Any Shrimp Boat Kits Close to this?

My first model I wanted to do was a Lobster boat kit, this here is a scratch built model, and the builder didn’t give patterns or lines to go off of, I’d like to do this model, but I don’t have plans. me, I like a model to show Wood and brass parts. I’m not a fan of covering up all the beautiful wood with paint.
anyone know of a kit that’s close to this, I believe it’s walnut, I want to close to this

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

sbp.JPG

Maybe this Jenny could be alos interesting

Hi Sea Burd
İf you are interested i have the complete plans of a NordSea Schrimps-Trawler,which
I build many years ago .Under deck is also place for motor and electronic parts, for rc suitable.
The deck with the cabin is removable so you can reach under deck.
Only the hull is out of plastic material .But it can also be done out of wood .Rest of the parts are usual model material( wood ,brass etc).
Enjoy your modeling

Krabbenkutter (2).jpg

Krabbenkutter (1).jpg

Hi Sea Burd
İf you are interested i have the complete plans of a NordSea Schrimps-Trawler,which
I build many years ago .Under deck is also place for motor and electronic parts, for rc suitable.
The deck with the cabin is removable so you can reach under deck.
Only the hull is out of plastic material .But it can also be done out of wood .Rest of the parts are usual model material( wood ,brass etc).
Enjoy your modeling

View attachment 292746

View attachment 292747
Good evening Korsan, I would be interested in the drawings is it possible to find them? Thanks for your feedback

Hi Frank 48
Of course I can send the photos of the drawings.
It is Graupner Model Krabbe Order Nr 2141,but i don't think they produce that model anymore.I can send exact proportional photos of the corresponding plans within next days . I have to make detailed photos .
Have a nice eveningPirate FlagSpeechless

Hi Frank 48
Of course I can send the photos of the drawings.
It is Graupner Model Krabbe Order Nr 2141,but i don't think they produce that model anymore.I can send exact proportional photos of the corresponding plans within next days . I have to make detailed photos .
Have a nice eveningPirate FlagSpeechless
Good evening Korsan, not model with Kit but from scratch it is my way, Thanks for your availability, very calmly

Last edited:
Thanks all for the diff suggestions, feel free to post any more diff types.
that’s also a real ship there in Turkey?pretty Cool

Thanks all for the diff suggestions, feel free to post any more diff types.
that’s also a real ship there in Turkey?pretty Cool
Turkish trawler specially in Black- ,MarmaraSea and in Bosphorus look a bit different then from NorthSea Shrimp Trawlers and are used mostly for fishing not for shrimps.I attached some pictures,

Turkish Trawler (1).png

Turkish Trawler (3).jpg

Turkish Trawler (4).jpg

Turkish Trawler (1).jpg

Turkish Trawler (2).jpg

That's a big ship for commercial shrimping, compared to small owner/operator shrimp boats of the Gulf Coast area, as Bubba Gump's shrimp boat were.

I used to go to New Orleans a lot, I’ve never seen a real Shrimp boat there, I did take a excursion on a Paddle wheel boat on the mighty Miss, , that was cool,we used to eat at medinas I think I was, was rite by where one of the levy’s that went durring Katrina, it’s a shrimp shack, the shrimp are still alive before the steam up a big bag with shrimp, craw fish, corn, and potatoes. Tasty.

Before corona pandemi together with my wife i made a great tour thru Torino,Genova, ,Portofino,San Remo and Cinque Terre..Many times we visitited Toscana.Frenze Bologna .In Siena witnessed mille miglia.My favorite is Venezia even celebrated my 60th birthday there.I like italian style living and always feel pity not to be able to speak italian.My german is better than my english.But if you can't speak the peoples own language fluently ,you always stay on the surface you cannot dive into their own specific life style and mentality.
Are you modeling these fisherboats too?I build historical ships not the fisherboats,but i like to shoot their photos and found them fascinating,specially when they are not looking tiptop like in Switzerlandor in Scandinavian,
Have a nice weekend

Back