Armed Pinnace 1800 - Panart 1:16

The older kits that were modified before 2000, seem to have been done right and were modified when they first started doing laser cutting with photo etched parts. The newer ones that got modified seem to have not been assembled by the company to see if the changes worked. Thus, the problems you and Donnie have seem to be a result of the new people that now run Mantua and do not check for correctness. The ones that have been revised with the step by step instruction and pictures of each step, like the Sovereign are the only ones that seem to be correct.
Hi, I just want to add to this convo - I bought this kit about 20 yrs ago. This kit even then had no English instructions, parts missing and the deck part never fitted correctly and had to be modified to get a good fit. I nvr got to fully finish it - although I am about to embark on a semi scratch build kit bash of it. I have recently emailed Panart and asked for a quote for shipping a new model kit over to NZ for me … but in the process decided I may try a bit of a scratch effort with parts taken from the kit I can't make.

Does anyone know of any info on the original ship (Lancia Armata)? i.e. keel, rib and planking setup etc - haven't been able to find anything on internet so far myself...
When I start this project, I'm hoping to make it with full ribs etc rather than fake them as the kit does.. thnx in advance!

Back