Armed Virginia Sloop 1768 - Model Shipways - scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I have no idea if there is a left or a right way. On a practical point of view I see no advantage having them all aligned in one particular way.

As far as I can see, to have them all aligned as a rule is for navy discipline. Or for those with OCD, which Zoltan does not have or he would not allow one shroud to be differently aligned.

Personally, being ex-military, I would let it go, just to stick-it to the rule makers (navy).
IMHO, to stick firmly with the rules will stifle a person's imagination as a modeller; and re-enforces them to just be an assembler.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools - Harry Day​

Love the two tone effect of the rigging. It gives a clearer idea of how they work as a rigging.
Are there specific tools for threading. Do you uses a needle or just rely on the pointed thread itself?

Love the two tone effect of the rigging. It gives a clearer idea of how they work as a rigging.
Are there specific tools for threading. Do you uses a needle or just rely on the pointed thread itself?

Hello Peter ,I have used a little CA on the end of the thread to make it hard and easily pushed thru the holes.

I learnt from my grandmother to use a bit of spit and twist the end to a point. Using CA is a good idea, but must remember to not twist it. :D

Lol,believe me ,I tried that ascient trick but did not work well,the end the rope must much hardervto push it thru in those dmall holes in the block,also I had to enlarge some of them

Lol,believe me ,I tried that ascient trick but did not work well,the end the rope must much hardervto push it thru in those dmall holes in the block,also I had to enlarge some of them
Now that is interesting to know. Will need to remember that when I get a chance to built my first sailing ship.

Greetings Zoltan.

Browsing you build log I found tons of valuable information. I am impressed with the attention to details you made. The question I wanted to ask if the kit supplied all of the components premade? Do you have to make those yourself out of provided material?

Keep doing a great work!
Jim

Thanks Jim for visiting my build log and for the compliment. Nothing is premade except the canons, blocks, deadeyes and rigging lines, the rest is made out of the provided materials.

Zoltan,
Great build! Is it complete?
I have many incomplete modeling projects. Is this normal?
Thanks again!
Thanks!!Yes it is ,I just have to complete the log,but here are the images of the completed model.

Back