Back from the darkest depths.

I joined Ships of Scale two years ago with great expectations of learning the art of ship building from a wide group of modelers from around the globe. For a first time build I purchased the HMS Victory from Mamoli. Knowing that it was an advanced kit did not stop me. What did stop me were several surgery's on my shoulders culminating in an early retirement. My lovely wife said it was the result of bad habits. I however, belive it was the result of carrying five children on my shoulders! I knew that my ability to sit and build an advanced kit may never come back so the Victory got sold. Through the past six months I have really improved physically and have reached a point where I believe I'm up to the task of starting a build. I looked for another HMS Victory but was not able to find one that was reasonably priced. So I decided to go for the Artisania Latina HMS Suprise from ModelSpace. The scale was perfect for my aging eyes and they offer a 7 month payment program so your wife wont kill you at the cost. I received the first four parts and have began the build yesterday. It was nice to be at it again and am looking forward to all the information I can extract from you experts!

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Would be nice, if you could start a building log of your Surprise.
In this way, it would be also possible to discuss and help when ever necessary and requested

Back